Memories of Fox Hill

Wonder what happened to Gloria, I remember her well
To judge from public records she most likely married James Poole in 1978 and now lives in Barnsley..:)

To judge from public records she most likely married James Poole in 1978 and now lives in Barnsley..:)

Mr Hillsbro, you are a whizz, thanks.

I was passing last week on my way to a funeral at Grenoside so I took a little detour up Foxhill and went past where the maisonettes used to be OMG it looks awful round there now.

The maisonettes on Foxhill Ave are gone and the land is now derelict :(

I could have cried.

Where on Foxhill did you live Ms Interpret ?

ps who did you hang around with at school

I remember Elaine Holmes, Angela Boulby, Elaine Bottom, Angela Gray, Debra Bowler, Michelle Bowns, Michelle Sampson to name a few.

Teachers Miss Parkin, Mrs Pashley, Mrs White, Mrs Cooper, Mrs Bexley, Mrs Southern or Scothern ?

So long ago :(

Yes remember all of those girls and Judith Hudson Leslie Walker Sharon Grey Jackie Middleton Wendy Deakin Michelle Young. Mum still lives on the crescent and yes it looks awful the builiders apparently went bust but the houses they were building were so awful they look like those houses we used to draw in bible class of houses in Palestine were people slept on the roof!! I dont know why a fantastic estate couldnt be built there with proper houses its in such a great position but thats Sheffield council for you. Well hope fully one day it will all be made good again and kids can have the chance to play were we once did.

ha yes all those names coming back to me now

wonder what they are all up to now :)

yes I saw the houses you are talking about....such a shame and what a waste :(

had to laugh at your comment about the houses we used to draw in bible classes...I loved drawing those houses with the flat roofs :) with the steps that went up the outside of the house.

Hi to Alan Barrott, Its Ray Frith here, been reading through all about Foxhill and other peoples memories and saw the old names of Foxhill Football team. Last time I chatted to you was on Friends Re-United, left using it for awhile forgot my login details and couldn't get back in, how are you, you've probably retired by now and enjoying the sun-shine of your years like me. My e-mail is [email protected] Hope to here from you Regards Ray

hi shaz it was on foxhill place we had a ground floor maisonette and the Kellys lived next door i used to hang round with a girl called gillian she lived further up in the other maisonette she had a sister called bridget an a brother called michael.i cant reallly remember much else

Hi. I am mick davison and have just read your reply to shaz, I can tell you that sisters gillian and bridget are doing fine and so am I. Great to read some of the memories of fox hill, but sadly memory does not recall everyones name

Hi Mick My mum was a friend of your mum her name was Margaret wasnt it? mums name was pauline and i have an older sister called pauline who went to school with Gillian i think. My sister will be 60 next year and mum is 80 this year and still lives on Foxhill in the same house we were brought up in .

Hi Mick My mum was a friend of your mum her name was Margaret wasnt it? mums name was pauline and i have an older sister called pauline who went to school with Gillian i think. My sister will be 60 next year and mum is 80 this year and still lives on Foxhill in the same house we were brought up in .

Hi, do any of you remember a girl (she'll be about sixty now) called Denise Williams....she lived on Foxhill Cresent and would have been about the same age as your older sister????

Does anyone remember a young lady from Foxhill in 1960`s called Sherran Anne Wigfield. She worked in a café near West St. I had just come out of the Royal Hosp with a giant pot on my leg after coming off a motorbike. I hobbled into the café on crutches and was served a coffee by this very attractive redhead. I was 18 and had it not been for me not being able to get about very well I would have asked her for a date.

Just wanted to say that she was so pretty that I always remembered her. Hope she has had a good life, it`s been 50 years now.

Cheers and good luck if she reads this.

Epic memories of foxhill ,lived here nearly 40 yrs now first on bullen then grimsell crescent and now carrill road, i remember loads of names on here and still see alot,good old bad old days as they say,you would mostly find me playing football either on the park or in the garages opposite the avenue as it was known come rain or shine ,sledging in the snow on sorrel hill or down the back edge on cardboard ,best days of my life ,i only wish i could turn back time .

We used to live at 5 grimsell cres so I might know you.

We used to live at 5 grimsell cres so I might know you.

i have lived up foxhill now for 35 years, and i live on the edgewells up near the backedge