Memories of Fox Hill

i know the womacks still go to blades matches with steve n dave my school year was 74 theres a link on facebook just type in yewlands class of 74 started by dennis{tash} ashford

we lived in the 3rd block down from the top of foxhill avenue

there were some big families in those maisonettes :)

the womacks had seven kids in a 3 bed maisonette :o

what year did you go to yewlands ?

I was at Yewlands around 80-81 then we moved to Waterthorpe,and i then went to Westfield.My sisters Mandy and Adele and brother Julian also went to Yewlands.

You lived in the 3rd block down.Obviously you weren't as posh as us then.We was the top block.:D

Did you know Bernard? I think he had learning problems.He used to get his bits out all the time on the back-edge.

Can anyone remember the 'headless horseman' stories from back-edge at Foxhill?

Hi Ms Interpret

Sorry but have not been on the site recently. Who is your sister -you say she must be the same age as me ?

The shops on Wolfe road were built in 1953, first was the co-op then co-op butcher, seperate shop same block, then Rastricks fruit & veg then Hadfields newsagents then Adams drapery then McGilfrey butcher and finally Dennis & Carmen Francis chippy.

I lived with my folks above the newsagents in Wolfe Road for a short time in the early '60s. The Hadfields were owners and also lived above one of the shops further down. We then moved onto Bradfield Road (see other threads). I was 13 or 14 at the time, there was a kid a liitle older who lived next door, but I'm struggling to recall his name. Suffered from asthma I think. Len and Doreen Hadfield had 2 sons, Robert and John and a daughter Leslie.

Epic memories of foxhill ,lived here nearly 40 yrs now first on bullen then grimsell crescent and now carrill road, i remember loads of names on here and still see alot,good old bad old days as they say,you would mostly find me playing football either on the park or in the garages opposite the avenue as it was known come rain or shine ,sledging in the snow on sorrel hill or down the back edge on cardboard ,best days of my life ,i only wish i could turn back time .

Edited by ECK71

i remember your mum carole marples .she was best friends with susan burton ,they both lived on the top of fox hill road i lived on the corner of carrill road from 1957 to 1979

Does anyone know where the name Foxhill originated

I was told years ago it was because lots of foxes could be found on the hillside?

Hi Smarey I remember the gardens and Drs Vaughn & Pannicker good guys . I lived on Lyminster rd. 1956-1967 had a couple of mates Clifford Trimble and Terry Scott there was afew girls as well red haired Jackie and a girl called mary had a extra toe on one of her feet.Did alot of sledging down Lyminster rd .we also did a bit of scromping up towards Birley carr . happy days unless you got caught

A name I remember is Doug Johnson - I think he lived in one of the new houses built on the Old Gardens

Anyone remember Sharon Wigfield this was her name before she married if she did moved to Fox Hill in 1960s.?

Edited by 7684