Computer reset??

I am trying to download messenger live onto my new laptop - everytime I try it says cannot download computer has been reset -what do I need to do to get this messenger downloaded.

no0t sure what you mean by reset

that normally means rebooted??

:confused:

Was does rebooted mean?

Now know what reboot means - yes I have switched on and off several times but the message says computer has been reset when I try and download messenger

Now know what reboot means - yes I have switched on and off several times but the message says computer has been reset when I try and download messenger

Are you sure the message isn't something like "connection reset" (as oppose to the PC has re-set)?

Are you sure the message isn't something like "connection reset" (as oppose to the PC has re-set)?

Yes you are correct it says connection reset - when I tried to install from my memory stick to goes on but then I lose me internet - getting totally confused. Ive uninstalled it and now the internet is back!! Have to live without the msn I suppose.

This explains a few things from your previous thread, which was practically on the same subject ~ http://www.sheffieldforum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=210255 .

You've bought a new wireless router, and it's not holding a connection. Have you tried changing the channel on the router from default (usually 1) to something like 10 or 11?

Also, check there are no cables anywhere near your router, that could be blocking the signal. Also, how far away from the router are you trying to use your laptop, and are there any obstacles (such as walls or ceilings) in the way?