Roughest Pub In Sheffield

Although you may not think so The Birley Hotel at Frecheville can be very lively, there is a fight in there most weekends. I have heard from a reliable informant that someone got part of his ear bit off last Saturday and that was in the afternoon.

I was there, and as far as I could tell the guy that got part of his ear bitten off started the fight, and he was actively attacking the other guy. He looked in his 40's and the other was a lad around early 20's. Nobody else joined in and just left them to it as it was outside.

I go in a couple of times a week since it's been refurbished, and thats the first fight i've seen. I often go for meals there with my girlfriend as well.

Candidate for roughest pub in Sheffield it is not!

springwood at woodthorpe. elm tree at manor top. john agaunt gleadless.timbertop shireclife.kathryn arms burngreave.punchbowl crookes.centrespot town head. just a few of top of me head

John o gaunt at gleadless can be rough

My dad was always in the magnet.Which Brook are you. I was at school with Lee and knew Roy any Billy a bit.I went to shirecliffe junior school.Was angela ellis also a relation.I was in her class.

Brookie.......Are you related to Lee,Roy and billy. I went to school with Lee.I was also in Angela Ellis"s class.I think she is your relation too.Its a long time ago.Mark.

I am indeed a member on here, and The parkway tavern was a horrible place to work, i had stuff stolen twice from there i managed to get the stuff back thanks to a couple of the customers once i was setting up i turned around to put my amp on the stand turned round and my karaoke player had walked

As for the pubs i'm in now i couldn't be happier my venues are friendly and clean.

I have worked in some truely terrible places though

Sheffield - The Elm Tree and The Travellers (city rd) spring instantly to mind as does the Centre Spot at base green

Thurnscoe - The Drum, The Whinwood, in fact all the pubs there were about as friendly as war zone (i made the mistake of pronouncing it Thurns-coe and was told in no easy terms it was thurn-scu)

Maybe you should have pronounced Thurnscoe as Thurn-scum instead :hihi:

Got the Toughest Pubs in Britain on at the moment and it mentions the Parkway Tavern up at Park Hill flats as being one of the toughest in Britain.

In your experience/opinion which is the toughest in Sheffield?

i think rough puds on rough estates, drug dealing .nicked stuff for sale.clicky.dont like outsiders.try the parsons cross hotel.dont go in ,with a blades shirt on.they will murder you.for sure.

Got the Toughest Pubs in Britain on at the moment and it mentions the Parkway Tavern up at Park Hill flats as being one of the toughest in Britain.

In your experience/opinion which is the toughest in Sheffield?

The Motehall Hotel on the Manor was the worst pub I've ever been in and that was only lunchtimes as I worked round there then circa 1987. The landlady used to come out with real bad language and as for the customers they were absolute neanderthal morons.

. The landlady used to come out with real bad language

I think she runs the Banner Crosss now....

Hi there you all...

I LIVED!!!! in the roughest looking pub in Sheffield.... The Katherine Arms, on Katherine Street in Pitsmoor 1973/4/5... My name is Deb, and if anyone remembers.. my stepfather sold the pub to the first 'Jamaican landlord in Sheffield' - even made news in the 'Sheffield Star' at the time..My stepfather served the best pint in Sheffield.. 'Sheffield Bright?' We had customers come from the 'proper' side of Sheffield just to drink his beer- (or was it for the prostitutes..?) never the less - I really loved living in Pitsmoor actually, and although I never asked my friends around after school ('Herries' at Shiregreen - their parents wouldn't let them come to stay!)... I loved the people who lived in Pitsmoor, and it was great 'life learning' stuff. I didn't see any drugs or bad things (I was probably sleeping at the time as I was only 14).. I served the excentric customers in the shop attached to the pub which closed at 10 p.m.- and it really was a happy place to be.. I was 14/15 years young back then but...I look back with great fondness (Honestly) x

God the nags head in killamarsh right dump its shut now though along with the navigation. Bull and badger open again but all the d***heads go in there now.I dont mind a rough pub now and again but i have limits. Once stood at the bar minding my own business in the nags when two blokes started fighting over a bag of peanuts and knocked me flying. Staff arnt too hot either.

I've been in the Parkway some years ago and I can imagine it having its moments. Is it still open?