Battered / Deep Fried Mars Bar

They say don't knock it until you havetried it..gotta to say they sound disgusting. Hope they taste nicer then they sound.

The Chinese take-away in Oughtibridge used to do them, but there's been a change of mangment since I last went in and I don't know if deep-fried Mars Bars are still on the menu.

Deep fried chocolate is just wrong. However deep fried ice cream is a total joy

Unfortunately it's a fact of life that the things that are nice tend to be bad for you, moderation is the key to a happy life, not abstinence.

Quite right, there's no such thing as a BAD FOOD, only a BAD DIET. Unfortunately the media doesn't tell us this, only don't eat this, don't that, so of course there are lots of overweight people and people with eating disorders all obsessed with food and feeling gulity for eating anything other than salad:(

Having said I can't imagine that a deep fried mars bar tastes very nice. Each to their own though.

bottom of woodseats road turn right, chineese chipy next to danums.. they do battered mars bars.. not bad really but a bit sickly.

as for battered pizza, that sounds nuts haha

There used to be a chippy up at Sheffield Lane Top that did them. Not sure if they still do..

I so cant believe you can get a deep fried pizza! Dont all the bits drop off? And is it just slices or a whole pizza?? I'm curious!

Its literally a frozen pizza, wanged in the fryer. No batter, same goes for a pie. WTF is that all about.

Does anyone know of anywhere in Sheffield that sells battered / deep fried mars bars?

A chippy at Stannington used to sell them when I was younger but don't know of anywhere now.

Please help..:help:

they used to do them at the chippy near john o gaunt pub gleadless, don't know if they do know, i haven't been up there for 7 years know

hong kong wok on abbeydale road do them but charge £1 i think. still nice though

the circle chippy up high green do them, think they are about £1, they are nice when under the influence;)

However deep fried ice cream is a total joy

Yes, coated in brioche crumbs and deep fried, delicious.

Its literally a frozen pizza, wanged in the fryer. No batter, same goes for a pie. WTF is that all about.

had the misfortune to one of these in Scotland..was on a holiday and we had had battered:

Fish, Sausage, Chicken,

Getting a bit desperate for something without batter by this stage..

Haggis ( with batter) and finally, Pizza..out of the freezer without batter..hooray..but then dipped in batter and chucked in the boiling lard..