How do you spend weekends?

How do you spend your weekends? do you have company? have you lots of friends around you? do you enjoy the two days off or do you dread the aproaching doys off with a great deal of trepidation? and are you glad when it is over and you can get back to work?

Hi Hal,

I'm glad to see you've worked out how to use the new site. To answer your question, I've spent most of this weekend on my own sat in front of the computer. Hopefully tomorrow I will go to the cinema or do something else not related to this forum... :lol:

Geoff

I try to have one of the days on my bike and do between 70 and 100 miles.

Todays a short one about 70 miles but nice and hard.

Ride up Halifax Rd, to Wortley, left down Finkle St take the climb up Green Moor all the way to Penistone which brings me out at Millhouse Green then climb up to Royd Moor were the Wind turbines are, over Crow Edge and take the road to Dunford Bridge and drop into Holmfirth, climb over Holme Moss over Tor side into Glossop, up the Snake pass to Ladybower carry on up to Moscar top and take the left to the Strines and over Bradfield into Dam Flask over to Hillsbrough and home.

Tomorrow I will take the Mountain bike with the tag a long on the back with my 5 year old who does'nt pedal when he should.

Hi CLR.,

Bimey, you must be fit, I love cycling and always have, we have both got big bikes and also two folding bikes to carry in the car boot. I know that road you mention very well and it is beautifull, I always go that way to the highest canal in the country and have been in the tunnel on the boat.

In the old days, I used to cycle to the coast but as father time marched on, I only could manage to get into Derbyshire and as my health deteriorated I had to give it up altogether. However, I still love cycling and we still have all our bikes, so, if I can feel a bit better, we shall go again

Hi Geoff,

Congratulations on the new look forum, you certainly do believe in improving and moving forward, you see, the forum is a success and it was a great idea and getting more popular all the time, because people love to talk, keep up the good work!!!

Hi RPG,

I also enjoy sitting at my computer and especially posting on the forum, I have also been at the college for two hours on theirs and then on the library one, before coming home to my own.

Originally posted by halevan

Hi RPG,

I also enjoy sitting at my computer and especially posting on the forum, I have also been at the college for two hours on theirs and then on the library one, before coming home to my own.

which college is that?

Originally posted by RPG

at the weekend i tend to sit at the PC... just like most other days then ;)

this weekend ive been talking to geoff about things forum related

When i used to be into cycling, many moons ago. I used to ride up Rivilin Valley Road into Derbyshire and then up Winnits pass to Mam Tor and back. Was a lovely ride. Also, across the Strines is nice. If your into mountain biking there is some good tracks just off past the turn off for the strines.

I usually shop on a Saturday either with my Mum/Boyfriend/Bestmate, read and study. On Sundays I usually go swimming with my family or go on a family walk in the Peak national park :)

I don't know what I'm going to do now though! I've left school and my weekends won't be so much of a treat now! I have so much time on my hands! I need a job!

Archived