Keyboard Mix-Up

I like this page of the forum because it's really useful!

Anyway, I have another problem:

On my laptop, the @ and " keys are mixed up - ie when I press " an @ comes out and vice versa. Can anyone help?

That happens if it uses US keyboard mapping rather than UK. Do you have a small blue icon on your Taskbar showing the letters EN? If so, left-click it and make sure English (United Kingdom) is ticked.

Can't we make this a sticky? The same question comes up at least twice a month..

Can't we make this a sticky? The same question comes up at least twice a month..

I agree.. ..this, and the antivirus etc. stuff, which seems to crop up, on average several times a month.

Sorry about that, but there a few computer problems that just annoy me, and it's nice for people to tell me how to sort them out!

We weren't having a dig at you 04jessops ~ just making a suggestion, so that certain regular occurring subjects are easily accessible to anyone who has the same problem.