What behaviour annoys you most in supermarkets?

Women who ,having paid for their shopping, plonk their handbag on the checkout and take ages to put their money in their purse, then their purse in the right pocket of their handbag whilst the cashier and I wait to put my shopping through. Just move out of the way AAARGH.

Spiderpete:

"At the checkout and they ask if you want help with packing, do they think I cannot put a few tins into a carrier bag."

Do you think they actually want to help you pack?! They have to ask or they get in trouble. I worked on checkouts for about 2 years and believe me, the customers who say 'yes' are the most hated customers of them all.

Of course its not! It takes just a second to scan something and put it on the conveyer belt, it takes ages to pack for people though! You're not allowed to chuck it in in any old fashion; you're supposed to put things in bags according to where people would put stuff in their homes. Besides that, having to operate a till, scan and pack takes a long time anyway! Regardless of how you have to pack things.

My pet hate is outside supermarkets - men who sit in the car smoking, reading the paper, listening to the radio while the other half is doing the shopping. Or is it the women, for letting them get away with it :loopy:

People who take their kids to supermarkets to shout at them. I'm sure they do it on purpose.

People who put their hands down their trousers and scratch their genitals, then start handling the soft fruit.

I was trying to quietly view the forum in the office, pretending that I am slaving away, when I read this, I just burst out into uncontrollable laughter. Now every one knows my game:mad:

The thing that does get annoying in going to the supermarket is people who clutter up the middle of the isle. Something else that is worse if there is an offer in the paper or on an advertisement and your local supermarket does not do it, they always say "(this promotion is for bigger stores not ours)". I mean how frustating is that. The is one more that does annoy me and that is people standing at the top of the isles blocking the way for you to get down that isle.

What does everyone think about the new F1 style shopping trollies Tesco are going to introduce?

Personnally I think people will get frustated with them. You know something they are going to issue everyone with helmets.

People who take their kids to supermarkets to shout at them. I'm sure they do it on purpose.

Haha probably!

People Using The Parent And ChilDs Spaces When They Have No Kids !!!

How do you know they have no kids? They may be hiding in the boot.

If they're called parent and child spaces, surely they are for parents AND/OR children.

Personally, I'd rather see the parents leaving the kids at home and driving to the supermarket, rather than it being the other way round.

At Tesco, its mainly the staff who use them! Cos they are too lazy to walk to the staff enterance (right next to the parent and child spaces!). I must admit I used them once when I had to be super quick running some paper work in...

To use the child spaces, is it suffiecient just to have a child seat in the car?

I have one sometimes for my grandaughter, but we dont often go to the supermarket with her.

Children in supermarkets should be banned forthwith IMO.

I saw someone today using the child spaces when all the kids were in the back of a van, they did not need extra side room, as all the kids just jumped out, from the back doors, into roadway infront of people looking for parking spaces.

Another thing, earlier today I went to a trade builders merchants, they have disabled and child spaces painted on the carpark, as required by law.

Have you ever seen anything as daft? :confused: