Sheffield is expensive for Dominos pizza!

To west street? do you know which one it is, just curious really cos until last week I delivered for them?

Yep...Im near the tescos on weststreet...the confirmation email says its the crookes pizza hut.

Of course now ive said this ill probably get a phone call tellin me they dont actually deliver here :gag:

Yeah, they won't be impressed, be intersting to see if they deliver-although you could always pop into tescos :P

Yeah, they won't be impressed, be intersting to see if they deliver-although you could always pop into tescos :P

Well their website allowed me to do it...whereas the dominos site told me i was out of range when i put my postcode in....

It was delivered and the dude didnt seem to have any problems..

PS, as an ex pizza delivery bod, whats the tipping situation here? :o ive been abroad for a while so i dunno if its normal to tip pizza delivery in shef :o

Ah, Dominos.

We live in the city centre and thought we'd give them a try after getting sick of Oasis (Broomhill) taking ages to deliver and never being able to find our address (it really isn't that difficult).

Really like Dominos pizzas, and even though they too struggled to find us first time, they said they'd now put our details properly into the system so there wouldn't be a repeat, and since have ordered a couple of more times, everything fine. Last time we ordered however we'd been told it would be 45 mins; after 90 minutes we were getting annoyed so called back to see what has happening. Apparently they had no record of our order! Brilliant! We could hear dozy and panicked staff shout at each other down the line that they had no record of it, they said they'd call us back. 5 minutes later we were called back... all of a sudden by a delivery driver who conveniently now DID have our order but was lost! When he told me where he was, I told him he was nowhere near our address and had to direct him myself.

Nearly two hours after ordering we finally got our pizzas - needless to say that by the time we got them up to our flat they were nearly cold. Obviously you can understand by that point that we'd make the best of it (microwave the pizzas etc) but felt we wanted to tell them afterwards what we thought of our service. Fair enough, the manager we spoke to on the phone kindly offered us 2 free pizzas by way of apology and gave us a code to redeem next time we ordered.

At the weekend we thought we'd give them another try - all was fine until we tried to explain about our free pizzas and the code. Surprise surprise, the clueless staff again played dumb, apparently they had no idea what we were talking about and had no record of such a code. On speaking to a manager, we tried to explain again that the last time we ordered we'd been given this code by the manager entitling us to 2 free pizzas etc. We were given the reply "Well I'm the manager tonight and I think you're lying".

Whenever I have Domino's I never pay full price, usually there is a discount code for between 25% and 50% off. I would hate to pay full price as they charge a bomb for their pizza's.

Wow nice one resurrecting a 2.5 year old thread!

Well when a company gives you such poor customer service I think it's only fair that you warn others.

dominos is expencie any way sooo dunt realy matter where you get it from gunna cost ya rediculas price any way

Well when a company gives you such poor customer service I think it's only fair that you warn others.

Which store was it you had trouble with? Also, Domino's had a policy of refunding in full if they took longer than an hour to deliver??? Why'd you pay them when they arrived after 2 hours??? If you are so aggrieved, write in to their head office citing dates etc and chances are they will refund you and you'll never have to deal with them again! Or call another branch - up to you?

It was Sheffield, Ecclesall Rd.

I didn't know that they're meant to refund you if it takes longer than an hour - we even checked on one of their leaflets at the time and couldn't find anything like that. We only paid for them when they finally came because we were hungry and were just relieved to finally get what we ordered! Like I said, we decided to make do with what we got and then make a complaint back to the manager over the phone.

They did give us a complimentary code for 2 free pizzas next time so that was similar to a refund in a way. However what I was pointing out was that when we tried to use it we got awful service again - they apparently had no record of this code and called us liars!

And I already wrote to the area manager about it - he just replied saying he'd talked to the store manager and they'd agreed to give us another free pizza!

It was Sheffield, Ecclesall Rd.

I didn't know that they're meant to refund you if it takes longer than an hour - we even checked on one of their leaflets at the time and couldn't find anything like that. We only paid for them when they finally came because we were hungry and were just relieved to finally get what we ordered! Like I said, we decided to make do with what we got and then make a complaint back to the manager over the phone.

They did give us a complimentary code for 2 free pizzas next time so that was similar to a refund in a way. However what I was pointing out was that when we tried to use it we got awful service again - they apparently had no record of this code and called us liars!

And I already wrote to the area manager about it - he just replied saying he'd talked to the store manager and they'd agreed to give us another free pizza!

That's what I meant about writing in with dates etc - so the head office know all the facts and the two shift managers can have a chat about codes they use and how the allocate them without offending future customers...

When I was in my 20's and first moved to sheff and didn't know what a kitchen was for, I used to eat take outs too, and Dominios always had the hour or free policy - that was about 8 or so years back though!!!