Sheffield is expensive for Dominos pizza!

A whole £2.50 more at Woodseats Dominos than in Chesterfield for a small pizza!

I just moved from Chesterfield to a flat in Sheffield and I have to pay more money...damn you Dominos!!!

The Dominos in Sheffield seem to do more business than a lot of other places too, or at least it used to be the case.

I used to work part time for Dominos on Ecclesall Road about 12 years ago while at college and it was one of the busiest in the country back then.

I think Dominos and Pizzahut are both expensive these days though, although I do like Dominos garlic pizza breads :D

A whole £2.50 more at Woodseats Dominos than in Chesterfield for a small pizza!

I just moved from Chesterfield to a flat in Sheffield and I have to pay more money...damn you Dominos!!!

have you actually asked in the shop why that is?

have you actually asked in the shop why that is?

The 3 shops in Sheffield are operated and owned by three different franchisee's, therefore they can set special offers and such like as they please.

I know the Ecclesall Road and Chesterfield Road store were owned by the same Franchisees at one point. Al Nagar and Anal (pronounced An al, not anal) Ladd owned them both until one day they decided to split and I believe Dominos Corporate took them both over (but I could be wrong).

Don't know what happened to Al, but Anal seems to own a Dominos in Leicester now (we went to a Radio One thing over there a few years back and saw him).

I thought that the two were still owned by the Dominos Corporate people instead of being franchised as they did quite well, but that may have changed?

As for the one past Hillsborough, I never went there so don't know.

Agreed. The price for 2 11" pizzas my girlfriend and I had was £25. Will never get pizzas from their again.

Has anyone noticed the difference in quality?

If you order from Ecclesall Road the food is much nicer and often delivered more quickly than from Chesterfield Road. It's a bit annoying as we're right on the border of their delivery boundry :(

It's the same with Pizza Hut. They Abbeydale Road store never comes close to the quality of pizza sold at the Ecclesall Road takeaway.

I think Dominos and Pizzahut are both expensive these days though, although I do like Dominos garlic pizza breads :D

Agree that Pizza Hut and Dominos are very expensive when compared to other pizza delivery firms. Plus Pizza Hut seem to have such a limited range of toppings.

I just cant believe that neither dominos or pizzahut can deliver to west street, toward the uni end :/

I know the Ecclesall Road and Chesterfield Road store were owned by the same Franchisees at one point. Al Nagar and Anal (pronounced An al, not anal) Ladd owned them both until one day they decided to split and I believe Dominos Corporate took them both over (but I could be wrong).

Don't know what happened to Al, but Anal seems to own a Dominos in Leicester now (we went to a Radio One thing over there a few years back and saw him).

I thought that the two were still owned by the Dominos Corporate people instead of being franchised as they did quite well, but that may have changed?

As for the one past Hillsborough, I never went there so don't know.

Coporate totally messed that place up. I worked for both Anal and corporate and it was amazing how little corporate knew about how to run a business. The first thing they did was stop delivering to Dore and Totley, after a couple of months when the profits plummeted they tried to claw them back but it was too late. They sold a few years later to another Franchisee.

I just cant believe that neither dominos or pizzahut can deliver to west street, toward the uni end :/

It agree it seems stupid but the reason why has always been traffic. It simply increases delivery times too much to make it profitable.