Child tax credits help

hello everyone anyone got any ideas here,s my story . i was at work recent when one of the women told me i should be gettign child tax credit,s because i,v got my two boy,s 90% of time , i filled in the forms and sent them off , they replied saying i couldn,t claim because someone else was and i found out it was my ex and her new partner, she hadn,t told them i have responsibility for them 95% of time . so i rang the tax credit,s back up and they just keep telling me it,s been moved to higher level and it,s been about 3 months now or more , it,s seems i,m banging my head against a brick wall :confused:

hello everyone anyone got any ideas here,s my story . i was at work recent when one of the women told me i should be gettign child tax credit,s because i,v got my two boy,s 90% of time , i filled in the forms and sent them off , they replied saying i couldn,t claim because someone else was and i found out it was my ex and her new partner, she hadn,t told them i have responsibility for them 95% of time . so i rang the tax credit,s back up and they just keep telling me it,s been moved to higher level and it,s been about 3 months now or more , it,s seems i,m banging my head against a brick wall :confused:

Honestly all I can say with tax credits people is keep trying, it's disgusting they are claiming for your children when you have them!!!! Honestly, write as many letters as poss, ring up and demand to speak to soemone, don;t give up. Might be cuz its start of new tax year not long ago they get very busy.

x

yes i was apalled at the thought of someone living of my two little boy,s , i,d rather give it to charity

could you tell me who is claiming the child benefit, you or your partner?

well i claimed it but i let my partner have it for my oldest cos she has them when i,m working

well in that case they are also entitled to tax credit end off

well i claimed it but i let my partner have it for my oldest cos she has them when i,m working

well im afraid that you cant claim it as you dont get the child benefit, you would have to get your ex to hand in his child benefit, you make a new claim for it then you can claim child tax credit.

hope this helps, crap int it

i think you didn,t get that i have child benefit but let my ex have my oldest ,

child benefit that is not my son

i think you didn,t get that i have child benefit but let my ex have my oldest ,

???? what :huh:

i claimed for child benefit for my two boy,s but i let my wife have half cos she has them when i,m at work ,

right...... so do you get child benefit or does your ex