Why are cats more cuddly in the morning?

Spike is always desperate to cuddle in the mornings and he can take or leave it the rest of the day...my mums cat is the same and she HATES being touched...but in the morning she's sooo affectionate.

I'm just curious if anyone knows why this is?

Jen x

Because they are hungrier than at anyother time of the day! My cats are all over me in the morning! then as soon as i have fed them they are like.....................'what you looking at me for fool!' (in a Mr T type accent!) lol.

Hobbes is funny. We have been away for 4 nights and the neighbours have been looking after him. I was a little concerned that he'd 'move' into theirs, but instead he's been ultra clingy. The first night we got back he pretty much purred in my face all night and decided to take over the whole bed and sleep with us just in case we went off again.

Our 2 are the same. So affectionate in the morning before food then dont wanna know once they have ate. They are also clingy when we come back off our hols too.

Ours are at their barmiest in the early hours (OK, I generalise here, ALFIE is at his most barmiest at that unearthly hour), because they hope that if they make enough noie or fuss us enough, we will get out of bed and feed them, pure and simple. Made that mistake the once and have paid for it ever since. We don't give in, now, but the yowling, the leaping off tall furniture, climbing up the walls and generally being vocal and visible still continues. Good job we love them all.

The dobermutt, on the other hand, snores for england and only stirs when there is sign of a human getting up.

one of ours likes to be annoying til she's fed, the other one will slip under the duvet and purr forever... till you feed him!!!

after that they sleep for an hour (on the bed if they can - but at the very end, out of reach) then go mad til you let them out!!!

Spike is always desperate to cuddle in the mornings and he can take or leave it the rest of the day...my mums cat is the same and she HATES being touched...but in the morning she's sooo affectionate.

I'm just curious if anyone knows why this is?

Jen x

Its because you have not been around all night and he has missed you. My cats are like this and are starving, but the dogs dont really give a stuff :hihi:

My lot divide my time amongst them- at bed time I'm Baby's (unless my BF's in the bed too- she doesn't like that). She's under the covers with me and doesn't like the others getting in on her cuddle.

During the night I'm Arthur's (again, unless there's a BF in the way- Arthur doesn't like that since he thinks that I'm his queen).

First thing in the morning I'm Tiffy's- she likes a big snuggle in bed before I get up.

Don't know why it's like this- but it's always been this way, and it's nothing to do with food since they're the same whether they've eaten or not.

Two words.

Cold and Hungry. :)

The moggies here start the night in my study, one on a cushion on the end of a desk and the other in a nearby basket. As soon as it heads to pre-dawn chill, but find their way to the bed. :)

my cats cuddly all the time! he likes having a nap with me and gets all shy when I tell him how cute he is :)