Newfield Secondary School

QUOTE NORTON I was picked on for "talking posh" because I didn't come from Gleadless Valley- just made me be a stronger person and learn to

yeah yeah yeah................Who needs posh:| :| :|

NOWT WRONG WITH THE VALLEY LOT

Everyone is very quick to put Newfield down. It has had problems but it is getting better. Some of the problems are down to older teachers who have been there too long and are just stucj in their ways. The new management team are making a difference.

NOWT WRONG WITH THE VALLEY LOT

Never said there was, they seemed to think there was something strange about me though.

I was quite bemused to say the least when asked "why do you talk differently?" (actually "why d'ya talk funneh?")

Turns out a couple of miles can make a big difference between whether you say bockle or bottle, babby or baby, hospickle or hospital :)

Never said there was, they seemed to think there was something strange about me though.

I was quite bemused to say the least when asked "why do you talk differently?" (actually "why d'ya talk funneh?")

Turns out a couple of miles can make a big difference between whether you say bockle or bottle, babby or baby, hospickle or hospital :)

Jeeez ya so funny :rolleyes:

Some people are above them selves

Jeeez ya so funny :rolleyes:

Some people are above them selves

And this was the attitude I received a lot at school :)

And this was the attitude I received a lot at school :)[/QUOT

I can see Why .:roll: :roll: your attitude is like Newfield school

I can see Why .:roll: :roll: your attitude is like Newfield school

Erm... right.

So I say I got picked on because I talked differently... and you seem to think that it was justified?

On second thoughts, don't send your kids to Newfield. They have to put up with kids who have an antagonistic attitude like this.

The only people making judgements about people is you B133L3... bit sad really.

Erm... right.

So I say I got picked on because I talked differently... and you seem to think that it was justified?

On second thoughts, don't send your kids to Newfield. They have to put up with kids who have an antagonistic attitude like this.

The only people making judgements about people is you B133L3... bit sad really.

Errrrm cause you didnt come from gleadless valley

Errrrm cause you didnt come from gleadless valley

The people who said I spoke "funny" came from Gleadless Valley... so yes, they obviously thought I spoke differently to them because I didn't come from Gleadless Valley.

Not too hard to grasp really is it? I haven't got a clue why you're getting so wound up.

Mod. Note

Please everyone, let's play nice. Thanks.

Wow. I leave this thread for one hour and this is what happens :lol:

In the end the most reliable sources for the question in this topic are from current students and parents of current students. A lot of people in here are still sore from the memoires 20 - 30 years ago. Things change and just becuase the local gossip at the chippy is that a girl had her hair set on fire, doesn't mean to say that every living moment at Newfield is idiots running around with lighters setting people on fire.

Also to Norton, Mr. Bird and Mr. Pryce left last year but Mr. Bird still visits every so often, and "Yooo Boy!" left a couple of years ago. And Mr. Lawrence is still here.

I'm with Danny. The girl who has her hair burned wasn't actually on school premises though on a school bus and the girl responsible was definitely suspended though I don't know if she was permanently excluded. Don't judge a school by hearsay or by 20-30 year old experiences. A lot of the teachers known 20 -30 years ago will at the very least be receiving pensions if not dead by now so how can you judge the school today on those experiences. Last year there was a record number of children with A and A*s in GCSE so doesn't that tell you something? 2 of the feeder schools into Newfield are marked as the best in Sheffield. Carfield near the top for Value addedness despite being the largest primary school in the area and is well above the city averages and even above national averages in some subjects. Mundella has been assigned Leading School status and is always high up the league table. Do you think these students just have a personality change the minute they cross the Newfield threshold? No I shouldn't ask, you probably do. There is definitely a change in Newfield. The new buildings will help add to the more positive attitudes that are already there. I honestly don't think even if you could get in that any of the other schools are that much better that its worth bussing your child accross the city. Go and talk to the people who are there now not people who haven't seen the school for 39 Years. Incidentally my children have had plenty of posh talking high achieving friends from Gleadless. Most of the children that bullied them were from Norton Lees side. So much for stereotypes.