Hillsborough - good or bad idea?

Hillsborough is good for me..

not to rough, not to sleepy, Just right :)

Mind im a real northern monkey :D

wobdeful place, i bought here 3 years ago after moving from renting in Broomhill. Had lots of student hassles etc

hillsborough's a wonderful place to live, lots of house for your money (compared to Crookes and Walkley) Good transport links, good shops, good take away/food places, vclose to rivilin, lovely park.

I'm an S10 girl and i um'ne and arr'ed about moving to Hillsbough but i havent looked back, in fact i dont want to leave. I love my house and the area.

There's no students and it's full of families and young professionals.

The only negative i can think of is the parking which is ok apart from match days but you just work round this.

i love it and would reccomend it to anyone

xx

you may never need to go to town again as when i lived there i did all my shopping in hillsborough, only problem is parking but with great bus/tram service who needs a car. as for property prices me and my ex bought 1 7yrs ago for 35 grand there now selling for 110+, hows that for profit, and there still selling well because of all the amenitys close by.

You'll love it, lots going on and excellent capital appreciation in S6!

Good luck.

we have just moved to hillsbrough and its great

seems like its the place to invest your money regarding a house, as the prices go up alot in a short space of time!!

Well its nice to see the popularity of Hillsborough, seems pointless to add that I agree! The only downside yet is that I haven't really found a decent local unless I'm prepared to walk the 15 minutes to the barrack tavern so any advice on that from everyone else would be very welcome! But yes definitely buy in Hillsborough and I don't think its overpriced (well no more than the rest of the property market at the moment!).

moved loads to and from hillsborough only ever heard good

I moved to Hillsborough 15 years ago and would be prepared to stay forever (or at least until I'm taken out in a box).

It's a great place which is on its way up. We have lived there for 4 years and love it. Hillsboro' corner is currently receiving some much needed investment (Subway / Wetherspoons, love em or loathe em) which is only going to improve things further.. One issue that might be worth considering is the school catchment and the potential closure of Wisewood school.

Hillsborough is great if you like living in a terraced house with no parking. If you dont you wont like it. Forget parking on match day, forget shopping on match day. You lot paint a pretty nice picture of Hillsborough but it does have its down sides.

Well its nice to see the popularity of Hillsborough, seems pointless to add that I agree! The only downside yet is that I haven't really found a decent local unless I'm prepared to walk the 15 minutes to the barrack tavern so any advice on that from everyone else would be very welcome! .

I agree the main downside for me is all the rubbish pubs in the central bit. The Barrack is good (but as you say a bit of a walk), Hillsbro Hotel is good too (but even further). Queen's Ground is central and a good pub (no cask ale though). The rest of 'em - forget it. Wetherspoon will be a welcome addition.

Nowt wrong with a stroll down to the Barrack or the HH, and if you get enough real ale down your neck you don't even notice the walk back home :hihi: