Anyone been to Tenerife (sp?)

Me and a few alds from work are going to tenerife in June. Just wondering what it is like over their, decent nightlife and whats the whether like?

Cheers.

Anyone been to Tenerife?

No, you guys will be the first. Be sure to claim it for England.:)

Tenerife?

I think its abroad somewhere. :hihi:

Seriously its OK, dont just stay there though, have a tour round the other islands.

Lanzarotte, and Fuerteventura for sure. :thumbsup:

BTW it will be boiling in June, really hot.

i went in august 2005 they had the hottest day there in 50 years it was 110 degrees. we really enjoyed it, going back again this year.

Shefflady is right, it was the hottest day in years and a few elderly people actually died. The heat was just unbearable! It looks like it's going to be an extremely hot summer again this year as it's hardly rained so far. This time last year and in Jan/Feb time we had on and off showers regularly but so far this year it's been pleasant and dry. It's only April and already it's heating up! Roll on summer! Woohoo! :D

We have a time share in Tenerife In the North of the Island it is green The South ie Playas de Las Americas has many night clubs etc. When we go in January the temperature this year was between 20-29. Just one nights rain in three weeks it is much warmer in the summer. Even if there is a sharp shower is dries up very quickly

I take it you're going to Playa de las Americas, the party town. I haven't been but I've heard it's worth being a bit careful late at night as there are occasional muggings/attacks around the nightlife areas.

On the temperature, 110 deg must have been an aberration as the Canaries aren't known for being markedly hotter in summer than in spring and autumn - but it should be hot enough all the same. :cool:

If you want to waist 3 or 4 hours walking round a time share go to Tenerife, one is bound to get you before your holiday is over,

:mad:

It was my first time abroad, (a while back now). I loved the sun and the temperature and the nightlife.

But, I'd never go back, people pestering you non stop! You can't take a dump there without some African bloke trying to sell you a crap watch, or cockney lass offering you a free shot with your first pint.

Saying that, once you've got a tan, I found they don't bother you as much.

Get to a tanning shop before you go :thumbsup:

If you want to waist 3 or 4 hours walking round a time share go to Tenerife, one is bound to get you before your holiday is over,

:mad:

This clip may help.