Did Jesus ever exist?

You have a minority view. Many people disagree with it. You occasionally post provocatively (labelling gay people as perverts, for example), which provokes those who otherwise might not post to express their view. Additionally, you often fail to respond directly to the points raised by others, which perpetuates the discussion.

That you defend your view so staunchly is admirable, though it's hardly reasonable of you to expect others not to express and defend their views in turn.

Fine, that is what debate is about and seeing as the dictionary defines a pervert as, "a person whose behavior deviates from what is acceptable especially in sexual behavior" wouldn't you say that is about right?

Over to you.

Fine, that is what debate is about...

I'm happy to hear you say that.

...and seeing as the dictionary defines a pervert as, "a person whose behavior deviates from what is acceptable especially in sexual behavior" wouldn't you say that is about right?

Over to you.

Society hasn't regarded homosexuality as a perversion for a very long time. If you're referring only to the sexual practices of homosexuals, then straight couples indulge in many of those too.

Anyway, I'm sensing déjà vu on this thread now. As I've no wish to have this discussion prematurely ended, I'll leave the discussion of homosexuality to a more appropriate thread.

You are quoting out of context again. And that goes for everyone who either posts misinformation or they have misconceptions.

1. I quoted the Bible in exactly the same manner you did in the post of yours I responded to. Why is it ok for you to quote the bible but 'out of context' when I do it in exactly the same way?

2. In what possible context is your gods instruction to his followers to kill anybody who suggests people worship other gods (Deuteronomy 3:6-10) and threatens to torture for all eternity those who fail to massage his ego (John 3:18, Luke 12:5) not extraordinarily intolerant?

How many times must we have roughly the same argument again and again and again?

Grahame defends his beliefs to the bone while people continue to try to get him to change them. None of you want to listen to what the other has to say so why do you bother?

It especially frustrates me because i know that in the main most of the people in the argument can be far more interesting when they want to be.

...Grahame defends his beliefs to the bone while people continue to try to get him to change them. ...

Where has it been said that anyone wishes to get Grahame to change his views? Yes, I'd be very happy if he announced that he accepts gay and straight folk as equal, irrespective of what his interpretation of the bible tells him, but if his view differs from mine then so be it.

If a view is expressed which is counter to what another strongly believes in, then you have to expect both sides to defend those views, which is what's happening here.

Where has it been said that anyone wishes to get Grahame to change his views? Yes, I'd be very happy if he announced that he accepts gay and straight folk as equal, irrespective of what his interpretation of the bible tells him, but if his view differs from mine then so be it.

If a view is expressed which is counter to what another strongly believes in, then you have to expect both sides to defend those views, which is what's happening here.

Oh dear!

The point is this argument has been done many times, aren't you bored of it yet? He's not going to change his opinion, this thread isn't even supposed to be about gay or straight its just managed to find its way there.

For the record I don't agree with Grahame either but he is going to stick to his beliefs just as much as you are going to stick to yours so whats the point of arguing with him? Its a waste of your time

Oh dear!

The point is this argument has been done many times, aren't you bored of it yet? He's not going to change his opinion, this thread isn't even supposed to be about gay or straight its just managed to find its way there.

For the record I don't agree with Grahame either but he is going to stick to his beliefs just as much as you are going to stick to yours so whats the point of arguing with him? Its a waste of your time

Why are you reading and responding to this thread if you're not interested in the subject matter, or have a contribution to make to the discussion? I've already pointed out above that I'm not interested in changing Grahame's views, and that this discussion has deviated from its main topic; you're allowing it to drift further.

Why are you reading and responding to this thread if you're not interested in the subject matter, or have a contribution to make to the discussion? I've already pointed out above that I'm not interested in changing Grahame's views, and that this discussion has deviated from its main topic; you're allowing it to drift further.
Good, lets talk about something totally different.

I'm reading and responding because its on a public forum and i'm allowed to do so. I am contributing. I'm contributing my disdain for the way the thread has gone

Good, lets talk about something totally different.

I'm reading and responding because its on a public forum and i'm allowed to do so. I am contributing. I'm contributing my disdain for the way the thread has gone

And your on-topic contribution is?...

whats the point. you wont agree. just agree to disagree. my opinion is that jesus did exist. the current anti christianity nonesence is further evidence of our diluted society. it will all end in tears.

And your on-topic contribution is?...
Haven't you read anything? My on topic contribution is you're all wasting your time discussing it. As mikey says just accept you won't agree

whats the point. you wont agree. just agree to disagree. my opinion is that jesus did exist. the current anti christianity nonesence is further evidence of our diluted society. it will all end in tears.

agree to disagree - I quite agree Mikey