Did Jesus ever exist?

What twisted logic allows you to reach the conclusion that Mr. Goose "believes in.....hatred of women, murder and the slave trade"?

As for homosexuality, would you care to share your views on it with us? Personally I believe in homosexuality (i.e. it exists) and see it as totally acceptable and normal.

Good for you. And unnatural sex is normal and you talk to me about twisted logic.

you pick and choose which bits of the bible are fact and which are analogies to suit your argument. its pointless.

Good for you. And unnatural sex is normal and you talk to me about twisted logic.

Grahame appears to

- Misqoute and selectively amend qoute from the bible at will

- When ever anybody posts something he disagrees with, he either ignores it or says "thats not how I interpret the bible. Yet (typically) when somebody else interprets the bible in another way (one typically based on accepted academic interpretations) he rants "you know nothing about christianity".

However, lets pin down a question or two - a test to see if people can give some straight answers.

1. Do you believe in eternal punishment for those who sin and/or reject jesus?

2. In WHAT way is homosexuality un-natural?

Answers please, not insults.

Honk!

Grahame appears to

- Misqoute and selectively amend qoute from the bible at will

- When ever anybody posts something he disagrees with, he either ignores it or says "thats not how I interpret the bible. Yet (typically) when somebody else interprets the bible in another way (one typically based on accepted academic interpretations) he rants "you know nothing about christianity".

However, lets pin down a question or two - a test to see if people can give some straight answers.

1. Do you believe in eternal punishment for those who sin and/or reject jesus?

Answers please, not insults.

Honk!

1) Do you believe that if we break the law you will (or should be) judged accordingly and punished? I think we can all agree on that. So what is strange about Christianity? The thought of punishment for wrong doing is perfectly normal. The beauty of Christianity is that just like with the courts someone may pay your fine, with Jesus he paid the penalty for our wrong doing and that is what is so good about Christianity.

2) I can't believe you need to have it explained to you. You know perfectly well that if our organs are not used in the normal manner in the way nature intended, then we wouldn't be here.

G.

you pick and choose which bits of the bible are fact and which are analogies to suit your argument. its pointless.

No. Get it right will you. I answer the questions you put to me. If you thought there was an actual tree of knowledge which knew right from wrong then I'm sorry to be the one to tell you this, but you were misinformed.

I think the bible says something along the lines of "A man shouldn't lay with another man as he would a woman", thats pretty vague, does it mean "have penatrative sex in the missionary possition" ? If it does then is masturbation ok, does it cover threesomes (two blokes and a woman), or S&M, or oral sex ?

And where do lesbians stand (or lay) in this rule, as it doesn't specifically forbid it are we to assume it's ok ?

What does it mean exactly ?

1) Do you believe that if we break the law you will (or should be) judged accordingly and punished? I think we can all agree on that. So what is strange about Christianity? The thought of punishment for wrong doing is perfectly normal. The beauty of Christianity is that just like with the courts someone may pay your fine, with Jesus he paid the penalty for our wrong doing, that is what is so good about Christianity.

The significant difference is that in democracies things are generally only against the law if they harm other people. In contrast many of the things considered ‘sins’ under Christianity, specifically failing to kiss the self appointed leaders arse enough and constantly tell him how wonderful he is and how worthless you are only against the law in the worst kinds of dictatorships such as those in North Korea and Stalin’s USSR.

Other things considered ‘sins’ under Christianity such as sex outside of marriage, homosexual acts under any circumstances, gathering firewood on the sabbath harm absolutely no one and it is grossly immoral to claim that consenting adults mutually pleasuring each other should be viscously punished in this life and then tortured for all eternity for doing so.

Even if many of the things considered ‘wrong’ under Biblical morality were wrong, which by any reasonable ethical system they obviously aren’t, be principle punishment mentioned in the bible ie. eternal torture is clearly absurdly disproportion to just about any crime never mind a non-crime such as blaspheming the holy spirit.

2) I can't believe you need to have it explained to you. You know perfectly well that if our organs are not used in the normal manner in the way nature intended, then we wouldn't be here.

G.

How is this supposed to answer Mr Goose's question; 'In WHAT way is homosexuality un-natural?'

is the topic " -does Jesus exist" - hasn't there already been a topic on homesexuality and religion?

is the topic " -does Jesus exist" - hasn't there already been a topic on homesexuality and religion?

It's more to do with some people saying the Bible is the word of god and should be followed and then deciding which bits they want to follow, eg. they like the idea of homos being sinners, so they follow that rule, but don't like the idea of not being able to eat certain foods, so they ignore that rule.

1)

I can't believe you need to have it explained to you. You know perfectly well that if our organs are not used in the normal manner in the way nature intended, then we wouldn't be here.

As the world is already overpopulated I see homosexuals as doing us a favour, and by the way you can't "catch" homosexuality so how is the next door neighbour being gay affecting you or the future of mankind?

You and your mate jesus are just bigots really, aren't you?

It's more to do with some people saying the Bible is the word of god and should be followed and then deciding which bits they want to follow, eg. they like the idea of homos being sinners, so they follow that rule, but don't like the idea of not being able to eat certain foods, so they ignore that rule.

I think the 'selectivity' of right and wrong, good and bad, natural and unnatural comes from the homosexuals who want to make their own way of life the right way and to put everyone else in the wrong?

Thank you cressida for that, I will try to confine my replies to the title of the thread.