Easterbrook Allcard Co Ltd

I knew Bill Headford who was one of the general labourers there, sometime after 1969.

The company was originally Easterbrook and Allcard, but the 'and' was dropped in later years. Eventually, the company became better known by its trading name of Presto Tools.

The company was not bought out by the McGee family, as it was sold by a majority of shareholders to the Wilks group, which was in itself bought out by Souter, who were then bought by Ascot holding. Eventually the factory was purchased by kenometal.

As a matter of interest; Gill (not Jill) lived at No. 3 Tapton-Ville Road.

The company was originally Easterbrook and Allcard, but the 'and' was dropped in later years. Eventually, the company became better known by its trading name of Presto Tools.

The company was not bought out by the McGee family, as it was sold by a majority of shareholders to the Wilks group, which was in itself bought out by Souter, who were then bought by Ascot holding. Eventually the factory was purchased by kenometal.

As a matter of interest; Gill (not Jill) lived at No. 3 Tapton-Ville Road.

Ok you have to be a pratt, I spelt Jill instead of Gill and you are correct it was 3 Tapton Ville Road.

For your information I spent a lot of time at that address including the Wine Celler and bedrooms.

So did I. -If you are around Gill's age (or slightly older)we probably met.

So did I - if you are around Gill's age (or slightly older)we probably met

Hi to you all.I worked there myself from 87 to 93 in the endmill dept.My gaffer was a quiet bloke called Brian Fearnes.A fearsome bloke if you got the wrong side of him but he had a heart of gold.He was one of the reasons we kept going back because there was never a dull day.

The lads were great too.Phil Griffiths,John and Terry Dickinson,John Liles,Alan Pierre,Ben and Janet to name but a few.

Sorry to see the place go down hill,especially after Stephen Hincliffe bought the place.It was scandalous what went on after that.

Easterbrook's I used to work there when I was 18 ..My name then was Janet Toulson and i worked there with my sister Marjorie as a thread grinder....This is me Showing a group of visiting Public Schoolboys how I measure a Tap that I have just ground to size.  the photo was taken by The Sheffield Telegraph in 1962.40830482163_07a7542d8f_b.jpgory

Edited by Timbuck

Great photo Janet, must say you look stunning.

Wilf Rabbjon was a gaffer there is son John played football for Rotherham United and Doncaster rovers in the late 60s and 70s t ardern did a lot of the building work for them they were there years