A question for driving instructors

My daughter is shortly going to be having driving lessons, when we can decide on an instructor!

Is it better to have two separate 1 hour lessons per week or one 2 hour lesson?

Thanks

Many driving instructors recommend two 2 hour sessions per week, personally I learned far more from two 1 hour sessions than from any 2 hour lesson and found them to be a big waste of money. I'm also about to have more lessons and wouldn't even consider an instructor who insisted on 2 hour lessons only. They do have their place when you're doing something specific that requires more time but I found the majority of lessons were best as 1 hour.

2 hr lesson can take abit out of you especially praticeing something thats a bit difficult

I've had mainly 2 hour lessons over time and find that its better for me. Im able to spend proper time concentrating on doing something and then discussing it and evaluating it with my instructor.

I find that it helps not rushing things :D

I've had mainly 2 hour lessons over time and find that its better for me. Im able to spend proper time concentrating on doing something and then discussing it and evaluating it with my instructor.

I find that it helps not rushing things :D

agree with this, i found an hour lesson the first 10 mins was settling in and the last 10 winding down. With a 2 hour it was the same but much more learning in between!

I would receommend 1 hour lessons to start with, then increase it to either 90 minutes or two hours as you gain experience.

When you first start learning, the brain has a lot of information to take in and two hours can sometimes be too much. Once you've absorbed the information, then two hours will allow you to practice.

I have two 1 hour lessons per week but occasionally will have a 2 hour lesson if my instructor feels we need to go a bit further out to work on something specific.

My daughter is shortly going to be having driving lessons, when we can decide on an instructor!

Is it better to have two separate 1 hour lessons per week or one 2 hour lesson?

Thanks

When I was learning to drive I had a 2 hour session once a week which I found helped me. I feel if you have a hour session, it usually takes 10-15 mins to get to the destination where your going then it will be 30 mins to do the practice and then you have to go back home again. What you could try is to do two one hour sessions one week and the a two hour session the other. I am sure many driving instructors will accommodate that. at the end of the day it is how your daughter learns that will be the factor in deciding which way to go. I hope that helps.

To start with I would suggest 1 hr lessons then gradually build up to 90 minutes or 2 hrs especially once starting manouvres as this starts to absorb your lesson time quickly. I also think it depends on the individual as some find 2 hrs too much others find it better. It also could depend on where you live eg. a pupil from Stannington Village Sheffield 6 having a lesson on roundabouts is at least 20 minutes away from the nearest one for beginners. (Deerlands Avenue area) this would only allow 15 minutes for subject learning which is not ideal meaning this subject would take 2 to 3, 1 hr sessions to cover.

http://www.paulbennett-schoolofmotoring.co.uk