Back to XP from Vista

It's a case of having to switch to XP for me. New kit that doesn't come with Win98 drivers....that's 'progress' I suppose, but I'm wondering how much of my old kit and software won't work with XP :rolleyes::)

You may have a problem with older dos games and applications, and I have only ever had issues with ONE windows 95/98 application...

Ghozer, if you set up the system as dual boot, this should sort out any problems, if you formatted the hard disk in FAT32. Both xp and 98 would be able to operate with NONE of the draw backs.

This is OK so long as you can put up with only having a 120GB HDD or 512MB of RAM.#

I Hope this helps

TT Man

Nah, I just use VMWare to run 98, solved my problems, as im on a 64bit Dual Core with 3GB ram, etc ;)

I don't seem to have heard a good word for Vista at all so far. I'm happy with XP for quite a while yet.

Yep, the marketing genius who came up with the Vista marketing slogan

"The wow starts now!" is probably hiding in a cave somewhere along with Bin Laden!:hihi:

I think XP will last a lot longer than the other win OS's. I plan to stay on XP for a good few more years yet and will only move to Vista when I need a new machine and XP isn't an option (with the Dell news it's gonna be a long time)

Is it true they are only going to update XP until 2010? It sounds like another of Bill Gates tricks to get us all onto Vista. By then we (well you)will have solved all his problems for him once again.:mad:

Is it true they are only going to update XP until 2010? It sounds like another of Bill Gates tricks to get us all onto Vista. By then we (well you)will have solved all his problems for him once again.:mad:

I heard they are going to stop selling new licences for XP by 2010, so Dell etc. won't be able to put them on new machines. Support will last much longer than that though, It will have to as most will keep with XP for some time.

We've had Vista running on our home computer for about 4 months now since the beta version and haven't had any problems at all. Not sure what all the fuss is about really. :)

Heartshaped1,

VISTA send all your details and where you have been on the web several times a day. It sends personal details to Microsoft without you even being there if you have broadband, with it turned on 24/7. Everytime you print something MS know how many pages you have printed and what its about. It is Orwellian in nature as Big Brother MicroSoft is watching you and your computer.

I'm happy you have a version of Vista that was designed to stop working in June unless you update to one of the most expensive versions of Vista Premuim or Ultimate costing several hundreds of pound, as you cannot use an OEM or upgrade version. I'm sorry but Bill Gates has ripped you off! XP has most of the things on vista and you can get the other skins etc for free on the web.

Vista has just been removed fromk 300,00 Dell machines because they wouldn't work and no one wanted a machine that ran slower than the machine it was replacing!

Not being critical just honest

TT MAN