Does anyone know who this builder is?

I'm with you Irene, they were ripped off for the shower screen - its nice but not £500 nice!

But the bathroom as a whole looks fab!

kittena you are absolutely right, I think i may have been a little flippant when I saw the £500 figure.

Even so £500 to rip out the old suite, make good, first fix plumbing, fit the the new suite (assuming toilet, bath, sink). Make good walls for tiling, 9mm ply floor for tiling (if its floorboards) check that bathroom has supplementary bonding in place and then clear site is quite humourous. :hihi:

The forum member who had the project below completed by us below spent more on their shower screen than the OP wants to spend on having his bathroom fitted.:)

i think its quite humorous that you want to charge3.5k no wonder your sniffing around forums for work pal bye the way whos an op?:P

op original post ie first one of the thread, that would be you

kittena you are absolutely right, I think i may have been a little flippant when I saw the £500 figure.

Even so £500 to rip out the old suite, make good, first fix plumbing, fit the the new suite (assuming toilet, bath, sink). Make good walls for tiling, 9mm ply floor for tiling (if its floorboards) check that bathroom has supplementary bonding in place and then clear site is quite humourous. :hihi:

The forum member who had the project below completed by us below spent more on their shower screen than the OP wants to spend on having his bathroom fitted.:)

i think its quite humorous that you want to charge3.5k no wonder your sniffing around forums for work pal bye the way whos an op?:P

You have obviously taken this quite personally which was not my intent.

However seeing as you have seen fit to take this stance I would ask you to to think about this:

Some people choose to shop at John Lewis, Ponsfords etc while others feel Poundland offers all they are seeking.

Just a thought. ;)

Then they obviously have more money than sense!

...Agreed!

Ahhhhh the green shoots of envy doth sprout in abundance............ :hihi:

I do apologise the screen actually cost a shade under £500 I believe.

Daryl Shower Screen

Guest Mod_Man

You have obviously taken this quite personally which was not my intent.

However seeing as you have seen fit to take this stance I would ask you to to think about this:

Some people choose to shop at John Lewis, Ponsfords etc while others feel Poundland offers all they are seeking.

Just a thought. ;)

I think that Bathroom looks nice regardless of how much it costs. The guy who's bathroom it is does need to clean the window.

To the OP. Why not just find a Doley to rip it out for you? You could get it done for a tenner.

chosen1, have you tried looking in the Yellow Pages, Thompson, contacting the apropriate trade federations? If they're not there, it's very possible they're not trading anymore for whatever reason, and if they quoted that price for all that work, it wouldn't be very surprising.

Ahhhhh the green shoots of envy doth sprout in abundance............ :hihi:

I do apologise the screen actually cost a shade under £500 I believe.

Daryl Shower Screen

I've seen the photos and envy is the last thing I feel. I like my bathroom to look warm, cosy and welcoming, not like a hotel or a public toilet so it's hardly likely to get me turning green!

if a "tradesman" quoted me £500 to do all that , to be honest I wouldn't let him anywhere near the house .

hello everyone op here , to everyone who has tried to help cheers ive found my builder and have had half a dozen recommendations regarding him. he works on a basis of a hundred pound a day which i would say is a resonable amount. as to the people who say they wouldnt touch with a barge pole for that amount well lets just say you dont always get what you pay for do you.ivepaid good money in the past for shoddy workmanship.and finally to the person who suggested i shop at poundland well i take that as a big insult because basically you dont know me from adam ;)

No. 001

No. 002

No. 003

very nice- love those tiles