Pot-Holes in Centertainment!

it's a private road - in this case, nothing to do with the council...

What they should do, is employ a load of people to ticket the "idiots" who park in centertainment and then go to the arena, I am sure im not alone in this but I am sick and tired of having to park miles away from the cinema because of people parking in centertainment.

Id ticket the lot of them and then spend the money repairing the road.

its not all the time though that people do park in there for the arena. i have to say i do end up driving around for about 10 mins unless im lucky. but i have to say i would rather do that than catch a tram.

its not all the time though that people do park in there for the arena. i have to say i do end up driving around for about 10 mins unless im lucky. but i have to say i would rather do that than catch a tram.

I must be unlucky then, cause everytime I go to the cinema at night, i can never park in centertainment.

yeh i refuse to just look round once then drive to somewhere else! im lazy. g/f goes mad. haha i eventually get parked though. only to come back to find dents in door from other car doors!:mad:

Who finds the potholes in the road surface mega annoying in centertainment!!

You can aviod some of them but there is no way you can go round them all.

dan

I've never seen any. Where about sare they all?

When an event is on at the Arena, a load of people use the Centertainment car-park. The evidence of this can be seen when Arena kicks out - watch as the whole of Centertainment is gridlocked.

At other times, the place is simply busy. There are not enough spaces to account for an extremely busy park, and on peak times (weekends) and main releases for cinema, the park fills pretty fast.

As for the road - yep privately owned. All the venues on site pay the landlord rent, and it is the landlord's duty to monitor car-park and ensure the roads are maintained.

I agree that charging for the parking should be implemented (with free or discounted parking if you get your permit stamped at one of the venues). This extra cash could then fund the additional staff needed to supervise the car-parking, and also repairing the roads.

Whether this will ever happen is anyone's guess.

I agree that charging for the parking should be implemented (with free or discounted parking if you get your permit stamped at one of the venues). This extra cash could then fund the additional staff needed to supervise the car-parking, and also repairing the roads.

That's absolutely what should be put into place.

However, with landlords that don't care when the roads are as absolutely appalling as they are now, I can't see them putting the seed money in to start that project off.

The buisinesses that run from Centertainment should complain. There must be some sort of legal thing that requires landlords to maintain access roads etc..

The gate booths were put in place for just that reason, but the management of the centre seems to have got away with not charging for use... I wonder if there is any planning condition that they are in contridiction of.... Hmmm...

I'm also annoyed with Arena Management, they insist on taking money from people on the way into the car park, rather than making it pay on foot, with a ticket required to exit. Any event at the Arena just blocks all the roads around the place with cars trying to get into the car park from 5pm onwards, i.e. right in the middle of rush hours... grrrr....

I'm sure there must be some part of the Traffic Management Act that could be applied... Hmmmm... Questions to be asked tomorrow at work :suspect:

It does look a right old mess and I think whoever is responsible for maintenance in this place should be ashamed.

Contrast this to the very pro-active maintenance in Meadowhall - they have ongoing resurfacing of the car parks and link roads and they seem to be having a go at the bridges at the moment.

What they should do, is employ a load of people to ticket the "idiots" who park in centertainment and then go to the arena, I am sure im not alone in this but I am sick and tired of having to park miles away from the cinema because of people parking in centertainment.

Id ticket the lot of them and then spend the money repairing the road.

The problem is the people they employed to stop idiot people parking are themselves idots with an attitude problem. Seriously I only said that we we're leaving and you wouldn't believe the stick I got!!!

The pot holes are bad, must have been a poor road surface, it wasn't that long ago when they those posts on the footpath towards meadowhall retail park, they could have done something about the road then :loopy:

The road is disgusting and needs sorting out urgently!
Maybe people should boycott the place til its sorted?