What do you collect?

I collect shoes & shiny things :D

handbags for me

i collect forever friends bears, the ceramic ones - mostly buy from ebay and have over a hundred

It's dolls for me everytime and a few teddies. I keep meaning to round them up and sell them on but as I only bought them 'cos I liked them it's hard to do!!

I would also like to declare my collections of Fairies, Books, Postcards...and I have noticed I do seem to be acquiring quite a few pairs of sunglasses.....and don't get me started on clothes.....in ALL of the sizes...I wonder why that is????

Soda syphons. Since having the internet I've seen them on sale in colours and patterns I've not seen before, and it is hard work keeping my mitts off the credit card...

Books, books and yet more books. I am thinking of branching out into collecting toy boys though. Do you think they would be as expensive to keep as mojo's elephants? :)

thanks Jim, do you think they are for males or will females like them?

Both. I think it depends on how much you can let your imagination run wild, and how much you can appreciate/understand the satircal content.

If you want to borrow one, let me know as a starting point.

It will give me an excuse to get them out of the loft.

Jim

Nothing! I've often wished I could have a nice collection of something, but I get bored and get rid..

I did used to be a bit of a hoarder until a surveyor told me that modern lofts weren't like the old attics, and it's a wonder that I still had ceilings.. lol! I had huge sort outs after that, and still do. I went to the other extreme where if it's not being used, I don't need it, and off it goes on freecycle or to charity!

I can't BEAR throwing anything away with any life left in it. Even old towels and sheets can go to doggies homes..

I will admit to loving car boot sales, though.. I buy household stuff and books (which go off again when I've read them!) and I've had some brilliant stuff from freecycle over the years. I suppose the only thing I do collect is recycling, temporarily, until papers, glass etc go off to be sorted!

Recycling gets to be a bit of an obsession!

Fairies...like everything to do with them :) and also cats..like cuddly toy cats or ornament cats.....and cushions...i have about 100 random coloured and shaped and textured cushions........... :D

I'm another collector of elephants. I also collect nice fabric for stitching on, speciality threads and Cross Stitch Magazines, I have over 10 years of some of them right from issue 1 has been interesting seeing how they have changed over the years.

I collect cow creamers... not just any old cudsters but creamers shaped liked cows. If it doesn't have a spout, it's out!

I also have a large collection of kitschy Florida memorabilia from the 1940s-1960s. Postcards, maps, vacation brochures for the Parrot Jungle and other attractions, beach towels, shell whimsies, pennants, thermometers shaped like dolphins and flamingoes, etc.

I can't resist old cookbooks, especially those from the 1920s and 1930s.