What do you collect?

I hope it's your own - it has ruined your romantic image on here now:o

Ahh but when i collect enough i make beautifull belly button fluff flowers for my beloved :D

shame there always blue though :)

I shall look out for them now Dave, thanks:)

Cressida

They take a bit of time to grasp that Calvin is approx 5/6 years old and never gets any older and that Hobbes is his stuffed tiger who comes to life (in Calvin's mind).

I bought my first one on a whim in the states 15 years ago, and just could not put it down. Very quickly got the rest of the collection and each new book per year. Very, very funny and also very poignant.

Jim

Don't get me started. I just accumulate all of life's detritus! Books, shoes, bags, old bills, old magazines, clothes that I used to wear...I'm hopeless and just can't seem to throw anything away. I'm trying to have a major clear out and stop buying stuff (so that it doesn't come in the house faster than I can get rid of it). I've been blogging it to try to keep me motivated http://theabstemiouslife.blogspot.com/. It's not working too well :hihi: Yesterday, I managed to throw out two tops (one which I'd never worn and both of which were given to me - car boot sale buys of my mum) and three tatty old babygrows which my bub had never worn. Even so, I had to give them to my oh to actually physicall put them in the bin as I couldn't bring myself to do it!

Hi Rozee,

Would you have so much trouble letting go of stuff if it were going to be used by someone else? I don't throw away anything much at all, most stuff goes into a charity bag and gets dropped off at the shop once per week or so. Anything larger I post on Freecycle http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Sheffield-FreeCycle/ and if anyone can use it they come and pick it up.

I have cleared loads out and I am really proud of myself :) Mind you, it doesn't stop me coming home with bagfuls every week from car boot sales ;)

I have a collection of rocks left from when my son used to collect them, a collection of cameras inherited from my dad (300+) and recently I have started to collect art glass, some from the 30's but mostly scandinavian glass from the 60's and 70's.

I collect elephants, I have hundreds of them.

Don't they trample all over your garden? At least the droppings are useful as manure :D

Don't they trample all over your garden? At least the droppings are useful as manure :D

You'd be amazed at the damage they do:hihi:

What do I collect? Books mostly, must be abput 5,000 in the house now, including a sizeable number of pre-1800 stuff, some going back as far as the early 1500s.

However, I am also fond of old 78 records, so they've mounted up to about 500, from Edwardian onwards (have an old gramophone and several record players to listen to them).

Other oddities include a small collection of bells--cattle bells, camel bells etc--and a collection of pipes from the days when I used to smoke--clays, briars, meerschaums, corn-cob, cherrywood and ceramic. Maybe I'll have to ebay that lot one day. Also a few old coins (some medieval) that I've picked up here and there. I'm also very fond of pocket watches (I wear one when formally dressed) and so there are about 40 of those stashed away. More ebay fodder sometime, I suppose. Will have to downsize eventually!

However, I too am a hoarder of all sorts of bits and pieces that "may come in handy one day", so there is a lot of junk about as well!

Ahh but when i collect enough i make beautifull belly button fluff flowers for my beloved :D

shame there always blue though :)

ewwww!!!.......

You'd be amazed at the damage they do:hihi:

Maybe you can save on travel costs by riding one into town? How much does it cost you to feed them all? That can't come cheap!

Cressida

They take a bit of time to grasp that Calvin is approx 5/6 years old and never gets any older and that Hobbes is his stuffed tiger who comes to life (in Calvin's mind).

I bought my first one on a whim in the states 15 years ago, and just could not put it down. Very quickly got the rest of the collection and each new book per year. Very, very funny and also very poignant.

Jim

thanks Jim, do you think they are for males or will females like them?

im over run with the piggins i collect, got that many i have just had to order a new glass cabinet for them as there are now new ones out that i want. i will never get fed up of them, they are so amusing.

I mainly collect books and magazines, I have a fair collection of Fortean Times and a nicely building up collection of books about the Titanic. I love to do the rounds of charity shops at broomhill, I have picked up some corking books there.