What do you collect?

I have just re-hung the curtains after decorating and of course there were some hooks missing. So, I went to the bag of curtain hooks that I have accumulated over 22 years of home ownership and sure enough there was more than enough of just the right size hooks. Now this bag contains not just hooks but also the dangly bits into which they hook and also an assortment of sticky out things to push the rail over a protruding window-sill. There were also screwy things for stopping the curtain from coming off the end of the track and bits of plastic sleeves for connecting various sizes of track.

There was a carrier bag full of this stuff!

Now, my point is, I don't remember ever getting to the situation where I had enough curtain bits to warrant a whole carrier bag. I don't remember thinking 'I'll separate out the curtainy things from the drilly things and the gardening things and the things that may be useful sometime but I'm not going to throw it out now'. I don't remember the first time I was missing a curtainy thing and thinking 'I'll look in the carrier bag where I keep these things'. It was just there and now I take if for granted. Find a curtainy thing, need a curtainy thing? The carrier bag, that's where I'll find/put it.

I thought you might like to share this and if you've the equivalent thingy bag how did you start and when did you first recognise it for what is was?

Nice one Maxt.

For me its Screws, every time I do a DIY job I buy some screws.

I now have thousands of the dam things, I have now decided to put them all in a dedicated tool box. The trouble is everytime I need one I can never find the right size, so I go and buy another box.

What should I do???

I share both your problems, only Maxts problem is to many curtainy things, i don't have enough of them so finish up buying some in.

I own 7 bicycles and parts don't last for ever and in stead of throwing my worn out bits i keep them in my loft which has been converted to house my precious bikes and gym.

I just have'nt got the heart to throw them out.

Lighters with no gas and pens with no ink... I don't know why they dont get chucked, but when I need a pen or a lighter I always end up trying at least 6 before I find one that works!

Years ago when i was a teenager i used to collect badges, i threw most of them away but recently i have just found half a dozen Toyah badges, i think i might keep them tho.

I live in a three bedroomed house alone and there are so many bags of differrent things I have accumulated over the years it is unbelievable..there are woodscrews, steel screws, drills, nuts and bolts, carrier bags, paper bags, steel bars, electric drills, a two wheel gringing machine on a stand.

I have two garden huts full of steel drawers full of bloks of wood, rawplugs, spanners, hacksaws, woodsaws, jemmys, garden tools, there is strip lighting, connection for a water feature, large sack barrow, wheel barrow, nails, dozens of various sizes, pipe brackets, steel brackets, washing machine connectors, hose pipe and reel, chair , heater, six full calor gas bottles, drill stand, circular saw.

In my loft, I have enough bedding and furniture to furnish another three bedroomed house, television ariel, numerous lights, beer barrels, aquarol warer carrier that I used for my caravette in the cold days still in perfect condition which holds six gallon of drinking water, latex foam beds of every shape and size, my home is a second hand mecca of goods of nightmare proportions.

ANY OFFERS???

I mainly collect Videogames..

I have a nice stash of around 500 all together that I have built up over the last few years.

I used to also collect Point Horror books, and bought all of them second hand, below £1 each for them at Car Boots and such, and I ended up with about 30 of the damn things, and I've only read 2 of them.

i collect "Nintendo Game & Watches" so if anyones got any please contact me via PM :)

I use to collect Football Stickers in my childhood years, still got the full books nicely preserved. Now, I collect movies and bootleg cd's.

I collect anything from the "Me to you" range! :D :D :D

Originally posted by caprice

I collect anything from the "Me to you" range! :D :D :D

My girlfriend sent me one of them for christmas.

A nice little blue bear, holding a rose.. Aww, I'm feeling all loved up again now.. :)

I used to collect magazines like Smash Hits, TV Hits, Jackie :oops: Empire and Preview magazine.

However I dumped them eyars ago and now I collect Dragons.

I generally canne be bothered to collect anything else, i hate clutter. Unfortunately the husband doesn't.

I made him clear out the cellar last year, he had a pnuematic hammer down there (spelling?) and old bike and even the sign that used to be on our street before they changed the name!!!

He also has a LARGE collection of computer software and the cupboard under the attic stairs is like a computer graveyard!!!

I dunno.

Moon Maiden