I am H A P P Y song

arrrggghhhh i'd finally stopped singing it till I saw this thread :hihi: I'm my own worst enemy :rolleyes:

Yes sung by the very young in Sunday School I think it is a type of Sankey Song possibly American in origin It is not mentioned in Julians Dictionary of Hymnology which was written at Wincobank Vicarage Sheffield 1892 2nd Edition 1907 We sang the vewrses in a different order ie 1 Happy. Loved then saved May be in CSSM Chorus books If i eventually do find the details of author/ composer i will put them on the forum.

Thank you for that Choirboy. Nigel mentioned about the Salvation Army and as you will know they had a saying, "Why should the devil have all the best tunes" and I'm wondering if it originates from them? By the way, I think you may be right about the order of the verses, it's my memory you know.

I did have a slim book of chorus with it in, one of a series, and now you mention it, it could have been CSSM?

I didn't know about Wincobank, so it is famous for a couple of things what with the Brigantines?

Tucked away somewhere is Sankey's Hymnal with all the old favourites in it. I used to love them. Now it's Graham Kendrick and others. :thumbsup:

arrrggghhhh i'd finally stopped singing it till I saw this thread :hihi: I'm my own worst enemy :rolleyes:

You need to think about another song; something that can't possibly get stuck in your head. Something like the 500 Miles or Mmmbop :P .