Grenoside/Wharncliffe Crags Walk 29th April

we could leave it till June/July when it gets dark much later and there is always that great little chippy next to the Old Harrow would be good with a pint!:lol:

we could leave it till June/July when it gets dark much later and there is always that great little chippy next to the Old Harrow would be good with a pint!:lol:

Ok K19, sounds fair enough. All this obsession with food though, do you think we ought to get the name changed to the Walking and Eating Group?

Forgot to say, 10 regulars today who were ItIsNow, Karen19, Taxman, WhiteMutt, Neoteric, Parkwoman, Andrea, Feargal, Nooka and Scubz. Oh and Maggie the mutt!

Aye it was a great walk again.. those lovely views, together with great walking weather (sunny, but not too hot, nice bit o' breeze) made for a great day out. It's definitely a good walk for anyone - you can easily make it as short (or long) as you like, with lots of well marked paths.

I love the idea of a sunset walk (featuring chips and pint ;) )

I love the idea of a sunset walk (featuring chips and pint ;) )

Yes I noticed the strategically placed chippy next door to the pub - not quite up to The Southern in Manchester where the chippy (t'chip oyle) is actually in the same building - but walking into the sunset with a pint and fish and chips - ahhhhh pure poetry.:)

Oh I can see my comrades are on the same wave length or should I say path:hihi: Oh I can smell it all from here!

Watch out for the funny opening hours (of the chippy). I think it's open Thursday, Friday but not Saturday evening. They are good fish and chips though!

Watch out for the funny opening hours (of the chippy). I think it's open Thursday, Friday but not Saturday evening. They are good fish and chips though!

Don't worry Robwillow it is all planned to be a Thursday evening when we have the lightest of nights so everyone can make it, just a bit later start than usual.