Speed Cameras on Snake Pass

There is no middle ground on here. I've lost track of who is saying what but just because someone doesn't want to drive at 30 or 35 on a road where limit is 50 and it's safe to do that it doesn't make them a tailgater or a maniac, they are just normal drivers trying to make their journey at a legal, safe and sensible rate.

Of course there is a middle ground. There are those who dawdle, those who drive like maniacs and those inbetween! :P

Tailgating is driving stupidly close to car in front in an intimidating and agressive manner. And even if someone is doing 35 in a 50 zone. Tailgating is not a sensible or rational response. Counterproductive anyway as it makes it harder to overtake, being that close to car in front.

I mean there is no middle ground in some of the opinion on here, it's dawdler or tailgater nothing in between.

I mean there is no middle ground in some of the opinion on here, it's dawdler or tailgater nothing in between.

Nothing inbetween the dawdler and tailgate is the very definition of a tailgater! This is getting kind of recursive now. :D

Well i'll put in my tuppence for what its worth. I drive the snake prob about 12 times a week and know the road blindfolded(joke to the pc brigade). There are quite a few overtaking spots which can be done safely if deemed necessary. And at night its even safer as you can see far far ahead.

Occasionally i've had the mad commuter tailgating me even when i've been doing the speed limit and then doing some mad overtaking on a blindish bend which is unnecessary and stupid.

BUt i have to say some people drive about 20-30 mph over that road which is too slow IMHO. They might do it for just leisurely reasons but when you see them slow down to 20 mph on a sweeping bend you have to wonder lol.

These 'snails' gradually get 20- 30 vehicles behind them which will evitably lead to overtaking etc. Maybe really slow drivers should be taught to pull over now and then to let more confident drivers get pass?

Like i said just my tuppence worth

Maybe it should be called Snail Can't Pass

I drive the snake prob about 12 times a week and know the road blindfolded(joke to the pc brigade). There are quite a few overtaking spots which can be done safely if deemed necessary. And at night its even safer as you can see far far ahead.

Its good that you know the road that well. However now there are speed cameras and the threat of mobile action on the safest sections to overtake on, I wonder if people less familiar with the road will take more risks overtaking on the more uncertain parts?

I wonder if there will be a rise in accidents on the snake this year?

The time you'd save going 50 all the way, Over 13 miles of road though that only works out to about an extra 4 minutes on the journey doesn't it - beats dying, surely??

Couldn't agree more.:thumbsup:

What's this obsession some people have with speeding all about!

People also get killed doing the speed limit, theres always more than one factor involved than speed, I would be much happyier crashing in my Impreza doing 70mph than in a Nissan Micra doing 40mph any day of the week

theres also the proven fact that people concentraite more going faster as you realise your going fast, my first crash was doing about 20mph in a 30mph zone, I know if I was going 50mph I would not have had that crash because I would have been paying a shed load more attention.

but yes, speeding is wrong and against the law, I just think theres more to it than that though and say again, common sence plays a bigger part than black and white.

a mobile speed camera has no business been on that road, theres no schools or anything to make it a high risk zone in my mind.

People also get killed doing the speed limit, theres always more than one factor involved than speed, I would be much happyier crashing in my Impreza doing 70mph than in a Nissan Micra doing 40mph any day of the week

Yes I agree, I'd rather have my 3 year old nephew knocked down by your penis extension at 70mph rather than being hit by a Micra at 40mph too.

Oh hang on, I wouldn't, because that's just plain STUPID.

I need to have a look at myself?

No matter what speed cars are doing ,my child wont be crossing roads un aided.i feel sorry for yours!!I take the responsibility of parenthood very serious,and dont leave their welfare to chance,as it seems you do.i certainly wouldnt blame the driver,the buck stops with me.And no ive never walked out into a road without checking first,wouldnt that be stupied probably suicidal?and i could hardly start blaming a driver for that.if i understand it right what your saying is that if you dont check properly and a car hits you you would like to ruin someone elses family, for your own mistake,how selfish.

so your going to be with your kids every minute of the day?.......when there 12...13 ...14....mistakes happen, and when they do, u'll hope the driver is doing under the 30 miles an hour limit. so your basically saying is you drive round built up areas as fast as you damn well please??.... again...speed limits in built up areas especially are there for the saftey of the driver and other road users, and especially pedestrians......and maybe to answer your last comment, people dont put them selves in front of cars just to ruin others lives, there mistakes, accidents, these things unfortunatly happen, but the consequences are a hell of alot different if the drivers doing well over the 30 limit...i live in a built up area, were we have our share of idiot drivers, doing stupid speeds, its dangerous, dont try to defend it, to do so in anyway is as pathetic as the people who do it.