The beauty treatments megathread - do NOT advertise in here

Hi

I love painting my nails, i stopped having fake ones ages ago so dont have them done by a professional so i miss the artwork that i used to have done eachtime i had my acrylics filled. I was thinking of buying some nail art pens/brushes but dont know which are best. Argos sell Rio ones and ebay has a billion different kinds!!

Any recomendations?

Many thanks

Hello, I have tried every method to get the pefect brow, waxing, plucking and threading. And the results with threading for me are the best by miles. A lot of people can do threading, I would reccomend a threading expert called chanda beauty, she is based on abbeydale road and is the best person for eyebros...trust me i have been to many. I dont go to anyone else and most of my freinds go only to her. Extremely professionalx

Hi, does anyone know where is the cheapest place for semi permanent eyelashes and HD brows please?

HD brows £30

Don't ever go to the place on Jordo shops- I went for my eyebrows waxed, I was talking about how I had overplucked one (my right one) recently and after waxing my left one she went quiet and then showed me the mirror and explained half of my eyebrow had 'fallen out' due to my overplucking (!)... in fact she had waxed the outer half of my eyebrow clean off!! She didn't have a pencil to fill it in either. She then said she would charge me only £5 instead of £7 as she felt bad!! And the best part is I actually paid it, had to go fork out £3 on a brow pencil from the local chemist and then another £3 from Boots for one that actually matched my brow colour, and colour my brows in for about 5 or 6 wks.

I was really upset- but then got mad at myself for actually letting her practically blame me and still charge me so I rung up and went back for my money.

She did offer for me to go back the following week or 2 to even it out but she wouldn't have had much luck since it took at least 6 weeks to look normal again!

And when I went into the shop after ringing them and speaking to someone else and then her, the woman who gave me the money said 'oh the pains not that bad', thinking the reason I went back in, brow covered and saying I would never have them waxed again was because I was a wet fart basically. And the woman who did the 'waxing' stood there and said nothing about the fact it was because she had tookhalf my brow off!!

Never again -AVOID.

As i say, unfortunately i don't know her surname - all i know is that she used to work at Essensuals and she did the best Brazilian waxes!

Was it Emma Royds?

That went straight over the heads didnt it? :hihi:

gels are done with the uv light, theres also silk nails as well it just all depends on personal preference as to which you like best I often find that acrylic are thicker and more false looking and silk look more natural. I can't really comment on gel as I don't do those. Also just overlays are on your natural nails and do not make them longer just stronger unlike nail enhansments

Thank you so much for coming and fixing my nails honey! Feel much better :)

to everyone else - Laura is so nice, shes very gentle and polite and never grumbles about anything, and her work is spot on of course!x

Thank you so much for coming and fixing my nails honey! Feel much better :)

to everyone else - Laura is so nice, shes very gentle and polite and never grumbles about anything, and her work is spot on of course!x

Thank you for the comments, I'm glad you've got a set your happy with now in time for christmas too :)

Hi,

Can anyone help, im wanting a full set of silk extensions done on boxing day, either in a salon or from a mobile technician. Is anyone available or does anyone know a good salon which will be open?

Many Thanks xx

Immense Beauty will be at the Hearty Oak in Dronfield Woodhouse on the 13th January offering many treatments including nail extensions, nail art and eyelash extensions!!

Treatments from £5.00

see http://www.immensebeauty.co.uk for more details!!

Hi, does anyone know where is the cheapest place for semi permanent eyelashes and HD brows please?

Hi! I do semi permanent eyelashes (the hollywood lashes) i have a special offer on for £35.00 until the end of january. I am mobile so i can come to you!!

see-www.immenseveauty.co.uk for more details!!