The beauty treatments megathread - do NOT advertise in here

Hi wondering if any of you ladies know any good salons in s5 or hillsborough to go and have my nails done i do like silk wrapped but willing to try other stuff im wanting white french tips but wanting the nails square

Edited by the wrights

Can anyone recommend anywhere to get nails done in either S12, Crystal Peaks or the city centre?

I have had opi gel on my natural nails before and this didn't last long. I have had shellac on my natural nails and this lasted really well.

I have also heard good things about calgel.

The best place to get your nails done is on Chapel Walk in Sheffield City Centre. The salon is called V N Nails salon. 25 Chapel Walk, SHEFFIELD, South Yorkshire, S1 2PD Tel:0114 275 0589 The lady who owns it used to work at Top Nails in Sheffield on Ecclesall Road for many years and now has opened up her own business which as been there for about a year now and is very, very successful. I have been to most nail salons in Sheffield and this is by far the best.

Hi everybody,

I am getting married this year on Friday the 18th of July at the Garrison Hotel Sheffield.

I am still searching for a hair and make-up artist to do my bridal hair and make-up and the hair of my three bridesmaids.

Can anybody recommend someone that doesn't charge too much and still does a good job?

I would also be very happy about some offers :)

Thanks

Mandy

Karen Taylor did mine last year.

http://www.tanningbeautyclinic.co.uk/semi_permanent_make_up.html

She was a reasonable price. I had a hair and make up trial and on the day she did me, bridesmaid and mother. She uses air brush make up which is amazing and lasts great. I can not fault her. Lovely lady.

Hi

I'm 6 months pregnant and have started to get very dry skin on my face, especially on my nose. It literally is peeling! Any suggestions? I do moisturise and exfoliate, I rarely wear make-up as my skin can be sensitive. Thanks in advance.

Hi Peggy,

Sorry to hear you are having problems with your skin, as you will be well aware being pregnant can have lots of different effects on your body and skin with all the hormones and changes going on. You mentioned that you exfoliate which is great, but I would advise you not to over exfoliate as this can make your skin drier and prone to sensitivity.

Which moisturiser you should use depends on whether your skin is dehydrated or dry. If your skin is dehydrated it will be lacking in water and you will need to use an aqueous product – i.e. water based. If your skin is dry this means it is lacking in oil so you will need to use an oil based product.

You may also want to check the ingredients in products as some ingredients such as lanolin can sensitise some skins and products containing lots of alcohol can strip the skin of sebum – the skins natural oil.

Being pregnant, if you are a bit nervous about what to put on your skin you could always see your doctor, dermatologist or beauty therapist for further advice. Hope this helps Peggy – best wishes with the ‘little one’.

- Sam

Lotions n Potions Beauty Salon

6 Denham Road, S11 8NE

Hello, I would like to have my back waxed as it's starting to resemble King Kong.

I live at S12 so are there any good ones around that will do a good job and not leave my back like Patch Adams :hihi:

I can't recommend Emma at xtreme body wax enough for all your hair removal needs. I personally wouldn't go anywhere else. she is in s8 on bocking lane, but well worth the journey.

Hi im looking for some one that can do me false nail stilettos theres a design im wanting please pm me your email address so i could send you the design thanks for looking

Mod Note:

Threads merged, please try to use the search function before creating a new thread.

Thank you.

Me too!! Would love it done but isn't it expensive?