The beauty treatments megathread - do NOT advertise in here

Hi everyone! I am a qualified hairstylist and a newly qualified nail technician, I am looking for models to build up my confidence. I will be working mobile and charging £15 until I have built up my confidence. Please message me for details I would really appreciate the help everyone! (I also work in a salon which are doing the same offer there if preferred) :) thanks all!

Hi Chantelle,

I have tried to Pm you but it won't let me as I have only made 2 previous posts and it thinks I am a spammer but I'm not!! lol could you pm me please as am v interested!

Thank you

Just to let you all know

A salon at Intake is doing an opening offer of Acrylic Nails and a spray tan for £20.00 which i bought for my sister and she is very pleased.

Its called Short N Curlies on Mansfield Road, S12 2AQ 0114 2399704

I have used the Aussie miracle range (with kangaroo logo) for years. There are lots of different ones in the range so you can find one to suit your hair type. I used to have very long hair that had been coloured and my hair was impossible to brush after washing if I didn't use this. It seems expensive but you only need a tiny bit. Its often on offer so I stock up when the offers are on.

I would agree with this i love their products smells great too

I just wanted to mention something on here that has got my blood boiling, Im currently a training nail tech with Nail Harmony and i only do treatments on friends and family as im not qualified i don't feel comfortable to work on members of the public as there is so much involved in the nails side of things and my insurance does not cover me for public liability yet not until i am qualified. Anywho..........

I had a friend phone me the other week wanting her nails done i normally just do gelish on her nails but said she wanted gel enhancements, i couldnt do them as i was busy so she had, had her nails done for £20 by a person on here claiming to be a nail tech, the "nail tech" had said she qualified 2 years ago on the phone to my friend when she booked in with her.

My friend said the "tech" who turned up late and in a very unprofesional manner, didnt have a clue on what she was doing, at this point she turned round and then said she was actually "training" half way through doing her nails, my friend let her carry on as she knew i was training and gave her the benefit of the doubt, but basically made a mess of her nails.

My friend lost 4 nails within a space of 2 days, she phoned the "nail tech" back who then admitted to not having any training yet but was looking into it and wasn't insured and apologised for lying, she refused to give my friend her money back at first saying she had given her a service, i have spoken with this tech on my friends behalf and hopefully this person has seen the errors of her way, and kindly refunded my friend her money back, i am not outing this person as they have assured me they will not do it again.

Needless to say I ended up having to sort out my friends nails but they have been severely damaged on the nail plate now and is going to be some time until she can have any treatment on them.

So i suggest any person who is after a professional beauty treatment with a mobile nail or beauty tech, as a client you are well within your rights to ask to see for qualification certificates and to be honest you should anyway! Some peopl might openly say look im currently trianing obviously i won't charge as much so in that case it's up to u, but tbh i'd avoid and see a qualified person.

Don't let any old tom, dick or harry give you ur treatment thats why this industry has such a bad reputation because unqualified people think it's so easy to do this, unfortunately the uk regulations on the beauty industry are no where near as strict as USA, but hopefully things will change!

so remember as a customer/client ask to see the professionals certificate(s), if they are qualified they will happily show you or will automatically have them displayed.

Not all nail spars in the US are strict Loii, it depensds which State they work in , some States are more laxed than others, lots of Asians open nail spars where I am, $15 for a French manicure at my local nail spa, I give her a $5 tip as I think it's quite cheap and lasts about 3 weeks unless I'm working in the garden ect.

I'd recommend New York Nails on Arundel Gate for acyrilics - had mine done there a few times now been really impressed with cost and speed; although not very chatty

I'd recommend New York Nails on Arundel Gate for acyrilics - had mine done there a few times now been really impressed with cost and speed; although not very chatty

Not being very chatty would suit me fine, i can't stand chatty hairdressers either I like to get in and out of a place asap.:)

Has anybody ever had eyelash extensions done at Funky Divas?

I bought a voucher from 'KGB Deals' for £15 and had Hollywood Extensions done last week, should apparently have cost £50.

They look dreadful - like a bad application of mascara, where the lashes are all clumped together, only they are actually stuck together with the glue.

The lady who did them told me nothing about after care, except for 'dont use eye make-up remover that has oil in' and 'don't get them wet for 8 hours'. I never thought until I'd left to ask any other questions. Should any other advice have been given?

When I first looked in the mirror, they looked quite natural and not too bad, it wasnt till later when I got home and looked at them closely that I saw how bad they actually looked.Now, 6 days later, a couple have fallen out but the ones I have left keep bending in opposite directions and generally look a mess!

Has anybody got any advice on what I can do please?

Hi - i too bought this deal. not for myself but as part of a birthday gift for my sister.

She wasn't impressed at all, the girl spent no longer than 15 minutes on the "treatment" and my sister came out with 3 additional lashes on each eye (which were really badly put on) she also told me that the girl kept saying to her "I only get £4.50 for doing this".

I'm glad that the owner of Funky diva's reads this forum as they need to know what service their staff are offering. my sister didn't want to complain about the young girl or her treatment at the time but i am very disappointed as I bought the same voucher for my cousin too (who has yet to go).

Websites like KGB as great and an opportunity for local businesses to get new clients, if you provide a great service when people respond to your offers they are more likely to return, creating a increased revenue and broader client base for your business. I believe that you should put 100% effort into everything you do - especially with things like this - if you don't it only reflects badly on the business.

Funky Diva's was such a disappointment and wont be receiving any more custom from me or my friends and family.

Hi, I know its a while since you posted but I am a mobile nail technician if you are ever in need of one again :)

anywhere round ecclesfield that do fake tans n how much pls

Hi

Can anyone recommend a mobile technician that does Shellac please? I'm new to the area, in S10.

Thanks in advance :)

not sure if your still looking for someone.............

I dont use any of the CND products, but I use Nail Harmony and their Gelish polish works in a similar manner as shellac and is great for keeping natural nails strong and promoting natural nail growth it is also great for adding colour to enhancements, it is advertised as a 3 week long manicure with no colour dulling, chipping or smudging (as long as it is maintained and looked after correctly of course.)

if you are interested or want to see the other nail treatments i offer please look on my website which is attached to my signature. Please note i am currently training in enhancements so some prices reflect that, Gelish is not on offer but as you will see it is very reasonably priced in comparison to others who offer gel polish treatments.

Hi i know that this is short notice but due to her work timetable my daughter wants an home spray tan tomorrow round about 6 30 pm any one free. Regards