The beauty treatments megathread - do NOT advertise in here

Ah, you haven't had them done by someone experienced then. My acrylics were so thin that most people didn't realise they weren't my own nails. I have seen thick chunky gel and acrylic nails, yeuk! Its usually inexperienced people that do that, especially when they are doing whites as well as pinks. After a while you don't need extensions with acrylics as your own nails are long enough. I had mine done for eight years until I developed an allergy. I still miss them.

Ah, you haven't had them done by someone experienced then. My acrylics were so thin that most people didn't realise they weren't my own nails. I have seen thick chunky gel and acrylic nails, yeuk! Its usually inexperienced people that do that, especially when they are doing whites as well as pinks. After a while you don't need extensions with acrylics as your own nails are long enough. I had mine done for eight years until I developed an allergy. I still miss them.

since i became ill, my once nice nails went thin and yuckk-y, which was why i went with extensions.

I had fibre glass ones at first, which were ok, but looked very white from the cloth used, and the weave of the cloth was very obvious when looking at the nails. I had wraps when my own nails were long enough. (again very "obvoius" though.)

I had gel and I had acrylic which weren't at all nice; and this from a supposed "professional" who had taken over the table at the beauty salon from the regular technician I had used for a while (Whose work I had been very satisfied with, I have to say)

Then I went to silk wraps, which I much preferred. They were more "delicate" loking, not as prominent as the fibre glass.

Silk wraps can make the natural nail go thin according to the lady that used to put mine on. She told me clients have to have a rest and stop having them done for a while. I didn't like the sound of that, sounded like your nails deteriorated so I went over to acrylics.

I supposed there are good and bad nail technicians whatever 'system' they use. There is no reason for the acrylic to be thick and look ugly, its just poor application technique.

Hope you get sorted soon.

Silk wraps can make the natural nail go thin according to the lady that used to put mine on. She told me clients have to have a rest and stop having them done for a while. I didn't like the sound of that, sounded like your nails deteriorated so I went over to acrylics.

I supposed there are good and bad nail technicians whatever 'system' they use. There is no reason for the acrylic to be thick and look ugly, its just poor application technique.

Hope you get sorted soon.

I went to the nail extensions and wraps because my nails went thin and fragile, they didn't go fragile because I was using extensions and wraps.

I haven't had my nails wrapped for over a year, now.

Does anybody know were to get a full body massage? Wanting a female. Thnks

I had a massage other week as part of a package.(birthday gift for gh) We both agreed it was torture!

I didn't know most of the massage is done with the elbows. I lay there for 20 mins before wimply asking the lady to be a bit less thorough..

She said health n safety stops her from doing 90% of the massage with her hands..

There is a regular forummer on here who does massages professionally but I'd be loathe to pass on her details to anyone who is looking for something more like The Crystal Suite.

Mod Note:

Threads merged. Please do a search before creating a new thread.

Hi there, does anyone know of anybody who does deep tissue massage or sports massage for backs? Must be in Sheffield. Previous threads a bit old now. I am doing exercises but could do with relief sessions as well.

Any recommendations from anyone who has had similar for back muscle pain? Anybody who works from home would be good as well, as some clinic prices can be steep. I am sure I would need quite a few sessions as well, so any known deals on multiple sessions would be great. Somebody mobile I would consider as well. Any help appreciated

Thanks in advance.

Does anybody know where the lady that did the spray tans at the Salon that used to be on the corner on abbey dale road that had the power plates as well in there think it is now a kitchen place? Very vague can't remember her name or the name of the place but she was mobile also she did sienna x tan

Ive got little scars on my face and am cosidering having Derma Roller treatment to remove them.I have already had a consultation and they say I am the perfect candidate. Is there any proof that this treatment realy works or is it just a con:confused:

Can anyone recommend a good mobile spray tanner who uses sienna x or st tropez? Who has appointments this Friday after 5?