The beauty treatments megathread - do NOT advertise in here

u have to be very careful with some places that do nails, having nails done should not hurt at all! and i hear so many people saying it hurts when i have them done but there sooo quick at doing them, these places are called NSS (non standard salons) its very highly frowned upon in the industry to have an electric file used on the natural nail and there are so many places in the past i use to go to that butchered my nails, these electric files can cause serious damage to the nail by thinning them, it will get to a point where u cant have nails on until the damage has grown out thats if its not caused permanent damage already! the natural nail should only have light buffing done to it with a non abrasive file

Another reason some of these NSS use electric files is the "acrylic" they use is so cheap that it will not adhere to the nail correctly so they have to use these electric files to create ridges in the nail surface to get the "acrylic" to stick this acrylic is known as MMA (not advised for nails yeah it may stay on long after all that butcherin to the nail but its common for this nasty stuff to pull natural nails off when they are knocked or caught) the correct acrylic to use for nails is EMA.

im not saying all NSS places use it but for them to have to use an electric file on the nails id b very worried, another reason they are called NSS is because all they are interested in is the quantity of nails they do as apposed to quality, for them to get a set of nails done in under 45 mins would suggest something is being skipped out on i.e hygiene, sanitation?! have a search on the net for MMA and non standard salons. get clued up on treatments your having ladies!

Edited by Nail_LAB

laura its about time we try and educate people who want nails done as these places are creating bad names for techs who follow hygiene and use the proper equipment and product and who actually give a damn about their clients, yes have a look at lauras page talented lady!! or alternatively go to my website where there is a document about MMA. dont let the NSS abuse ur nails!

Sorry I didn't know you had a document about it, I just liked the picture on the artical I share because I though it drove it home a but more than just some writing saying it wasn't good.

no its fine hun they both explai the problems and issues. x

Hi all any one know where I can get a spray tan in s11 and how long does it last?

Hi! I use Jess and Sarah from Immense Beauty! They are mobile and bring all their stuff to you! I honestly cant reccommend them enough! They are so good and my tans ive had with them can last over a week if i moisturise every day! :love: Sarahs number is 07775431237

In response to your tan and nail enquiries Beauty Work at Gleadless Townend have some good offers on at the moment which includes 50% off nail enhancements!

Their Tel No is 0114 2650707

Edited by princessL
too detailed

Hiya all I need some models for a waxing course that I am due to be doing on 9th January. It is at Ritz beauty in Rotherham and I will provide lunch. If you can help could you let me know what areas you would be happy to have waxed and your contact details. Thanks. Laura

wondering if anyone saw skin deep last nite on BBC 3? poor girl and her poor nail done at a NSS!!! slowly they are being closed down, thank god about time!

Hi! I use Jess and Sarah from Immense Beauty! They are mobile and bring all their stuff to you! I honestly cant reccommend them enough! They are so good and my tans ive had with them can last over a week if i moisturise every day! :love: Sarahs number is 07775431237

Awww Thank you!! See you Friday!!xxx :love: