Midweek daytime walkers?

Hi Guys

I was just wondering if anyone who doesn't work full-time would be interested in starting a midweek daytime walkers group, I myself work only part-time and do tend to waste my days off sitting around doing nothing, it'd be nice to get out and about

anyone interested?

Hiya,

if you or anyone gets a group together i would be interested as although i'm a full time worker i work to a shift pattern that throws up weekday rest days, which means working every other weekend which is the main reason for me not attending any group walks so far unfortunately...... much to my annoyance :(

i've followed the walks in spirit and am pleased with the effort's of the people taking part so keep it up and well done :hihi:

I'm generally free weekdays while i'm unemployed (:() but not up to huge long walks, a couple of leisurely miles will do me... im out at chesterfield though so might join you if you arrange anything out this way :)

Hi Niklek

I will be sure to let you know if I manage to get a group together :)

Hiya,

if you or anyone gets a group together i would be interested as although i'm a full time worker i work to a shift pattern that throws up weekday rest days, which means working every other weekend which is the main reason for me not attending any group walks so far unfortunately...... much to my annoyance :(

i've followed the walks in spirit and am pleased with the effort's of the people taking part so keep it up and well done :hihi:

Did you manage to get this off the ground ? I would be very interested too .

Please let me know, I too work only part time and would love things to do of an afternoon

I shall shortly be joining the ranks of the unemployed :) and would be more than happy to help get this off the ground, if you need any help in numbers, but this won't be until June

I'm still up for things... but gimme a few weeks to get my ankle working again!!

I'll join in for walks on the peak side of sheffield and the peak dist nearby :)

I'd like to add though, i'm not one for group walks, so just joining up with one or two people for a leisurely wander is more for me...

Add my name to the pool of people who would be interested in uncrowded walks - though anybody meeting up with us would have to be prepared to share the air space with reminders to a beagle that he's not out on a walk on his own :P

Is Graves Park near enough for you em? I think the footpaths are suitable for one of those too-lazy-to-walk chariots ;)

it might be, and there's some good archaeology in there too ;)

I'm jsut off crutches and waddling freely at the mo, just not far or for long... gimme another week or two ;)

i'll try and sort something out for after the bank holiday.

an easy leisurely walk is long the footpath from fox house, i think it runs parallel with burgage.

very easy underfoot, and a good couple of miles there and back.

start and finish @ fox house, who do broccoli & salmon fischcakes that are ace.

they don't allow dogs though willman :(

there's always graves park one day and fox house another?