Worse Banks

Originally posted by Cols

Do people still go inside banks ?

I can honestly say that I haven't seen the inside of a bank for the last 5 or 6 years. Everything can be done on line, on the phone or via a cash machine.

What about when you need large sums of cash? You only do plastic fantastic?

Lloyds = useless.

They're stuck in 1830 with regards to their banking practices.

I absolutely hate Halifax... The queues are ridiculous and when you actually get to the counter they are hardly the friendliest of staff. All they try and do is palm me off with a credit card, which I cannot have as I am 17! I also object to waiting 8 days for my wage cheque to clear.

I have other accounts at HSBC and I find their staff to be really friendly. I like how everything is automatic, so you don't have to queue up for ages just to pay a tenner in to cover a payment etc. One wage cheque that I paid in took just two days.

I'm trying to phase out the Halifax card, its just a load of hassle. I am not a very patient person and I do not appreciate waiting for 20 minutes just to put some cash on my card. This time next year I'll be having a student account with HSBC and they'll be giving me a grand like RPG hehe!

Originally posted by HxTim

Lloyds = useless.

They're stuck in 1830 with regards to their banking practices.

When LloydsTSB merged, they used TSBs staff with Lloyds computer system, apparently.

Alex

Yorkshire Bank are the worst in my experience. No matter which branch I went to I always had to queue for at least 10/15 minutes. In the end I complained and was told to write to Head Office in Leeds!

Not long after I withdrew all of both mine and my son's money and opened accounts elsewhere.