School Children's Finger Prints Taken Without Consent!

Schools in the UK are fingerprinting and photographing children from primary school age without infoming parents or even considering asking for permission, all this is done undercover and kept quiet just for purposes of keeping track..??

ITS JUST A GAME

At one primary school children were told "Lets play the game of spies. Its just a game, so theres no need to tell your parents." They were then split up into groups of five or six and every single child was fingerprinted and photographed. We feel this is an appalling breach of trust by the school in question.

WHY..??

Remarkably, there appears to be no attempt to record the spread of school biometric surveillance by any government agency. Considering the many health-and-safety rules which prevent a child from engaging in virtually any school activity without laborious form-filling and written parental permission being sought, this is clearly an absurd situation. The fact that secrecy is surrounding so much of this activity lends the entire process a sinister aura which must be dispelled.

10 Things You Need To Know About Primary/Secondary Schools Fingerprinting Our Children

http://www.leavethemkidsalone.com/10things.htm

If you have any doughts about this HELP by signing the petition here

http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/kidsprivacy/?bcsi_scan_9D0F4D43E3840141=0

This is important, if you want control of a nation you start with those least likley to object fight or understand your motives...

They will willingly accept ID cards, iris scans fingerprinting, x-ray machines without question.

Freedom such as we have will be a memory, until that is destroyed dont laugh its happening right now get you head out of the sand for a minute and look around.

Forget the sport, the TV, the other distractions, and do something REALLY important...

How long before someone says "nothing to hide, nothing to fear", not me, that's just a quote.

Technology is going that way and there's nothing we can do to stop it.. have your children done something wrong? are they hiding from the police? in not what s the problem please?

by the time the kids are our age, nearly everything will be finger print

people dont like change its nothing to do withthe kids, just an excuse to moan about something else (OP not you just people in general)

How long before someone says "nothing to hide, nothing to fear", not me, that's just a quote.

Less than 10 minutes ;)

Less than 10 minutes ;)
Yep. :hihi: :hihi:

Technology is going that way and there's nothing we can do to stop it.. have your children done something wrong? are they hiding from the police? in not what s the problem please?

by the time the kids are our age, nearly everything will be finger print

people dont like change its nothing to do withthe kids, just an excuse to moan about something else (OP not you just people in general)

I'm not sure what scares me more, the whole biometrics/database/ID card thing, or the complacency of attitudes like this.

I'm not sure what scares me more, the whole biometrics/database/ID card thing, or the complacency of attitudes like this.

well take your pick there's only 2 to decide..

whats wrong with my atitude, do you not like change?

You can't say whether or not you like change per se. This is a bad change and lectrolove is right to say that complacent attitudes such as yours on this issue are the scary thing.

well take your pick there's only 2 to decide..

whats wrong with my atitude, do you not like change?

Change for the good is a fine thing, I just don't see any good coming from any of this.

photo seems pointless unless it is updated regularly.

a dna sample should suffice

:D

I have to admit I'm not sure I understand the issue here.

The 'fingerprinting' is, I believe, more accurately creating a unique code from reading the lines on a finger. It's not storing a photo or detailed scan of a fingerprint in a computer. No-one could do anything untoward with the data held. It would be absolutely useless for any purpose except to identify the person who has just put their finger on a scanner. A similar technology is being trialled by the Co-op in Oxfordshire whereby you can 'pay by touch', i.e. use your finger instead of a debit card. I'll reiterate - you can't do anything with the data except use it to say "John Smith just touched the scanner to say he was in class/was paying for his dinner/etc." You can't sell it to anyone, if the database was hacked no-one could do anything with the data, and so on.

From what I can tell, this all stems from a desire to create a cashless school. Children bringing dinner money etc are targets for thieves and bullies, and children on free school meals are identified by not having to pay cash for their meals. Some schools used pre-pay cards to get around this, but I am sure that children forget/lose cards, and cards can be stolen. So schools turned to biometric technology. Parents can pay money by cheque for school meals, kids who have free school meals have exactly the same system as everyone else so aren't identified openly, and possibly things like registration are easier, particularly if you want to register each lesson to tackle truanting.

Should schools inform parents about this? Of course they should. But there doesn't seem to me to be any logical reason a parent should object.

Why do police use them then?