Anyone work at Tinsley Wire Ltd?

My granddad worked Tinsley wire john deark udall most of his working life. Where he met his wife Patricia ellis. He is 90 in a couple of weeks and as been asking what happens to the place. If anyone has got any good information or sites they know of please let me know. I think he would even enjoy information about the early days as his memory is not as it used to be. Any help ,,would be grateful so I could put something together for him. Thank you :thumbsup:

Edited by ccamm

Ask your grndad if he remembers George Lee he worked in the weighbridge office, during the war he had a concert party all employees of Tnsley Wire and they used to go round works canteens. They called it workers playtime.

My mate work there for many years. His name is Gary Spooner

My Aunty Clara worked for them years and years ago and me and my brother used to go to the Childrens Christmas Parties......

I will ask him although he was called up though the war and his memory is not the best. Will let you know claire xxx anybody got any good websites or pictures? Xx

Hi I am sat here in Gozo with Malc Robinson he worked there for years , he retired and moved to a little village near immingham nice guy

My father was friends with Gerrard Duprez he was a manager and Belgian. He was about 80 when he took me out in his white Triumph 2.5 and terrified me.

I remember the Dupreys they lived opposite me on St.Lawrence Road, they had a son and daughter. I think their names were Werner and Lillian.

My mate work there for many years. His name is Gary Spooner

His Brother Mick worked there too for a while

I worked there from 1976 until 2010 I started on the field fence machines then onto the flat wire dept and from there into galvo over the years I had some good times until about the last ten years when a new breed of management took over

My father Bill Bagnall worked in the Galvanising Dept. for many years until his retirement. Sadly he's no longer with us.

Just bump in to John Taylor he left Tinsley wire in 1979 .He showed me a old photo of spec wire football team there was Ray Duton Stan Mellers Dave Richardson Brian Bouth and a lot more