Music in the sun

Does any one know if Music in the sun is on

i was just saying today that they should bring it back

I first kissed my partner there,back in 1997,went back to his(naughty,naughty!) and we've been living together ever since!

Have three kids together now as well.

It was quite a good little festival,but didn't it start out as a free thing,then they started charging?I think that probably put me off a bit.

And they checked for bottles on the way in.I like free festivals where you take whatever you want with you,no questions asked! Does any one know of any festivals like this that still exist,that are also child friendly?

It was suppose to be back last year - then got cancelled at the last minute I think, saying it would be definately be back this year. I hope so. Had some great times there. Seem to recall something about the Nonstop Foundation being involved with it (could be mistaken on this though) and just had a look on their website and can't find anything mentioned as yet.

I hope it does come back.

Does anyone know when 'Peace in the Park' (general cemetery) and Sharrow festival are on? (both free and child friendly!)

Peace in the Park is on Sat 2nd of June (http://www.peaceinthepark.org.uk). Not at the general cemetry this year, it is back in Endcliffe Park. Sharrow is on Sat the 8th of July (http://www.sharrowfestival.org.uk). Abbeyfield festival in Burngreave is also a nice free family day out and is on Sun 9th of July (http://www.burngreave.net). To all forumers who see this thread, get yourselves along to these events. They are absolutely great days out.

Music in The Sun, last year, announced some July dates for 2007.

However, none of the phone numbers for "The NonStop Foundation" (who organise it) are working anymore and Don Valley Stadium/Bowl do not have a confirmed reservation.

I wouldn't hold my breath.

it's going to be early september i believe, when students are back. not sure where though...

The last I heard was that they were looking to go at the start of October but I dont think anything is confirmed.

The last I heard was that they were looking to go at the start of October but I dont think anything is confirmed.

It would be more like 'music in the wind and rain ' then though wouldn't it? :(