A Walk in the Countryside

It was early spring, and I had this sudden urge to walk in the countryside, and then I thought, is it safe for a single woman to do such a thing nowadays

well i go out alone!

Always be safe though, let someone know where you are going, an estimated time of getting home and let the same person know when you are home!

have fun :)

Ive been round Graves park with the dog today. I do feel a bit uneasy in the wooded bits:( The dogs a yorkie and weighs 6lb so could hardly protect me lol

the thing is even if I let someone know where I was going it would be too late, should I chance it or not ?

yeah your safe

don ks at vikings funeral for a couple of hours :D

how long are you going to be and where are you going?

We could phone the police if you don't get back to us in the prescribed length of time ;)

Go out, have a walk;

walk with confidence... if you look like you are scared you will get even worse and attract attention.

Go somewhere thats open and well populated (relatively) and take a phone

how long are you going to be and where are you going?

We could phone the police if you don't get back to us in the prescribed length of time ;)

:D :D :D

I don't know why they have moved this thread as I don't live in Sheffield:confused:

coz it's the walking group ;)

you'll find accounts of hikes in Scotland here too :)

I moved it as its all advice for anyone who likes going walking and is thinking about going out on their own!

Walking group doesn't have to be about group walks in sheffield... you are an 'SF'er and go walking... thats all we need ;)

I quite often go walking on my own. Just apply a liberal amount of common sense, and don't take daft risks! I wouldn't go anywhere too remote, or at night/in really bad weather, for example, but if you're sensible, then you should be fine.

If you're worried get a personal alarm, and tell someone where you are going and what time you will be back.

In many places you'll probably see lots of people walking on their own. :thumbsup: