Giant new Tesco on Spital Hill / Saville Street.

I don't think Sainsburys fuel is particularly cheap. My local Shell station is regularly cheaper. Even the Jet at Woodhouse has been before.

My point is volume. They will sell thousands of litres per day. If their fuel was that bad, the OP wouldn't be the only one with the problem.

In all honesty I was being slightly facetious.. personally I don't think there's any real problem with greenergy fuel (when it ain't contaminated with silicone that is ;)), my old car used to love the Tesco 99 RON.. think it's called Momentum now. Even my current car likes a tank every now and then (either that or V-Power).. but it's not as essential for me now.

Interesting though, Tesco don't do a standard Super do they? I used to be happy with Sainsbury's Super because it used to be BP Ultimate.. I assume they're getting their own flavour of Super now?

I know a couple of people who.have had problems/repairs for water in the fuel system after filling up here!
Did the people you know , make any any complaints to Tesco? and what was the outcome.

Having read your comments on tesco fuel , i have been buying my petrol from them since the opening of the store and never had any problems it maybe just coincidence that you are having a problem with your vehicle. I presume you took the car to be inspected by a qualified motor mechanic.

Might be a shock when you realize how much further you get with normal fuel for few p more.

Cheap/litre is not alway really cheaper on the road. Tesco smiles at you and pretends it gives with one hand but takes a lot more in secret with its other hand round your back.

Might be a shock when you realize how much further you get with normal fuel for few p more.

Cheap/litre is not alway really cheaper on the road. Tesco smiles at you and pretends it gives with one hand but takes a lot more in secret with its other hand round your back.

My old truck runs on Tesco veg oil and does more to a gallon on that.

However when i visited my local branch last week the 5ltr bottles at £4.50 were missing from the shelves so perhaps Tesco are putting the boot in again.

The Engine warning light came on a couple of times and the car limited itself to 3000rpm not long after putting Tesco diesel in my car. Filled it up with some other diesel and it went out again and has not come back on. It might be coincidence, or it could be Tesco's crap fuel!

What was this light warning of specifically ? Do you know? Just curious because there are different lights that come on for different reasons. Someone i know had "a warning light come on" and the vehicle would not go above a certain revs (presumably to protect the engine) as they were running with not enough engine oil in.

Without getting the error code checked I don't know what it was complaining about. It went on and off a few times and on 2 occasions limited the revs. Might be coincidence, all I know is it has not done it since!

I've been filling up here since it opened and all has been fine up until two weeks ago when my car has started to judder like its about to cut out/misfiring when accelerating. I'm booking it in to have checked out next week as think it is an engine problem but reading this has made me a bit concerned now that it's to do with the fuel.

anywhere can end up with a bad batch of fuel so not necerserelly their fault

anywhere can end up with a bad batch of fuel so not necerserelly their fault

but would they admit it when challenged?

If hundreds of motorists turned up with similar problems which you'd expect from a bad batch of fuel it'd be difficult for them not to..

but would they know about it ???? unles someone inspects it you dont know where in the line of production it has gone bad i can imagine its difficult too inspect petrol and dangerous

If hundreds of motorists turned up with similar problems which you'd expect from a bad batch of fuel it'd be difficult for them not to..

yes i agree but unless someone reads sheffield forum they wont know because everyones putting it on here and not telling tesco