Roughest (and Hardest) pub in Sheffield

Market Tavern , Cannon, Alexandra and Hen and Chicks . were proper dives in thier time but the Travellers on city road I went in there ten years ago asked for a pint and was told 'We dont serve [removed] cockney [removed] in ere naw do one. charmed I m sure

Edited by Twiglet
masked swearing

ha ha image i used to dj in there about 10 yrs ago.

....is the Sheldon off Bramall Lane rough?...I hear Wednesday fans smash the windows quite regularly

I used to work at the sheldon for quite a while never were the windows smashed

But there were many fights usually between the sheffield united fans fighting each other people that drunk there every saturday night would spontaniously start scrapping :loopy:

andy j me old m8 what u up 2 these days still busy i hope???

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr I know the feeling a have to stop George Bushes successor making a fool of himself this xmas eve. (such is the life of a superhero

andy j me old m8 what u up 2 these days still busy i hope???

busy isnt in dude I'm working my boobies off :D

used to go in some great pubs when I started going out drinking

barrack tavern penistone road

rose inn penistone road not there now

gate on halifax road

park hotel page hall

cannon hall firvale not there now, my uncle used to run it

magnet - sunday dinner strippers, dirty they where too

not had a bit of trouble in any of them

The Brown Cow on the Wicker was a quite rough pub, but most of the regulars were quite friendly (provided you survived your first pint in there)

Anyone remember The Denison?It could be a bit rough at times but more often than not there was never a dull moment due to the fantastic characters that went in that pub never been anywhere like it.:banana::banana:

There are a few rough pubs in this neck of the woods. The most vivid experience I had was in The Butcher's Arms in Masborough, Rotherham back in the 1990's. It had a reputation for its hard men. I'd been in a few times without any bother myself. On this occasion I'd been in on the Saturday night and there'd been a minor trouble with a headbutting. But, as a mate, had also pointed out, there was a bloke in there who I'd had words with once as he'd picked my pint up, and he'd been giving me the eye since. The day after I went in for Sunday opening and by change I and that man were the only two blokes in except a old feller who left. The bar in there had a very narrow corridor. On returning from the gents he walked along the bar and squared up to my side. It was one of those situations when noting was said - I knew what was coming - and we just stood facing each other pot-belly to pot-belly and started scrapping. I'll never forget this as the bar man didn't call the police and we made a mess of each other.

As far as Doncaster goes these a few remaining and some gone. The old Black Bull and St Leger Tavern, before they were refurbished had their fair share of characters as did the Nags Head. I used to go into the Wellington Vaults (Underground) which had seen some action in its day.