Roughest (and Hardest) pub in Sheffield

well you got one (a bite i mean)

Oooooohhhh Leeds

maybe you should look at some links and 'talk' to some of your 'lads'. Everytime we went to Leeds we took the 'toughest pubs' and ran everyone in 'em. including the 'scarborough' opp train station and yates on the corner.

even been in chapletown no problems

Ha ha, course you did. Now go home and read one of your bedtime stories.

Tramway was inmo the roughest pub on earth

but if your after violence look in any pub tbh, totley and dore just as bad as anywhere else when somebody has had too many.

i remember the magnet they use to have the hardest pub quize in sheffield went in once first question was " what you ****ing looking at

:blush: i'll get my coat

Tramway was inmo the roughest pub on earth

but if your after violence look in any pub tbh, totley and dore just as bad as anywhere else when somebody has had too many.

Nah Not realy.

Sounds like there's a gap in the market for a "Bad Pub Guide"?

I don't know where the roughest pub in Sheffield is, but if I had to guess I'd pick a rough area, like Hillsboro, Wadsley Bridge, Pitsmoor, Shiregreen, Manor, Wybourn, Wincobank etc I'd have a good chance of being right I'm sure - and some of the previous replies back this up.

Of course, it's possible for any pub, even in a nice area, to have it's rough moments. But pubs are just buildings - none of them are rough in that sense of the word - it's the people that frequent them that are the problem.

Pitsmoor has been mentioned a few times,I wonder if anyone has ever been up there drinking or is it just the reputation of the area that frightens people,I lived up there for five years from 98 to 2003 and used all the pubs on a regular basis including Donkeymans , in all that time except for one handbags at dawn tiff there was never any trouble.Being white in a predominantly black area and hearing of the so called reputation I was understandably a wee bit apprehensive so the first pub I decided to go in was The Mill,I decided to take the bull by the horns,so to speak,No problem I was accepted straight away and the same in all the pubs,The Gower,The Grapes,Royal Oak etc. I enjoyed my 5 years up there and in some respects regret ever leaving the area.

So please dont pull the area down because of its,very often,exaggerated reputation,the main trouble up there concerns the rival drug dealer factions,dont get involved in that and you will be OK

Pitsmoor has been mentioned a few times,I wonder if anyone has ever been up there drinking or is it just the reputation of the area that frightens people,I lived up there for five years from 98 to 2003 and used all the pubs on a regular basis including Donkeymans , in all that time except for one handbags at dawn tiff there was never any trouble.Being white in a predominantly black area and hearing of the so called reputation I was understandably a wee bit apprehensive so the first pub I decided to go in was The Mill,I decided to take the bull by the horns,so to speak,No problem I was accepted straight away and the same in all the pubs,The Gower,The Grapes,Royal Oak etc. I enjoyed my 5 years up there and in some respects regret ever leaving the area.

So please dont pull the area down because of its,very often,exaggerated reputation,the main trouble up there concerns the rival drug dealer factions,dont get involved in that and you will be OK

if you go up top of Barnsley road there's a few decent real ale style pubs, on the whole they're pretty quiet and generally only frequented by people who have lived in the area all their lives, and I think the landlords and landladies keep a pretty keen eye on who drinks in their pubs as the area does have such a bad perception the licensing committee probably take a zero tolerence approach.

I would say roughest would be foundary bottom newman road, if your not known they beat you up or atleast chase you out the place. I played pool and won nearly everyone then they got cocky saying they wanted play for money I won £50 £5 a game. Then I went to ask for a pint they refused me the land lady had word with these young lads I played with they chased me up newman and then tryed to rob me. So obviously out siders arnt welcome plus they have after burner.

[ Nah not really mate it is now selling the odd bottle of wine and the ex#druggie who runs it is called Carl not 'ex druggie please'

I`ve been in a few shady pubs in sheffield but none could compete with one in portsmouth called " THE MIGHTY FINE" , used to go in when i was serving in the marines in the eighties, we would never go in less than 4 of us, also another one in manchester (gorton) amptly named "THE PIG AND BALL BEARING" , WHAT A NAME FOR A BOOZER.:banana:

the police did close it, well done to the police, however they did not close the one oposite the hen & chichens, instead the owner at the time left to go to Tyland, then it was closed for a while. However its much different now i am in here typing this now, its great, they have internet sites, music, good people, good food, no hassle. well done to the new people who have taken over it new land lord and land lady are amaising.

big up to you two