Roughest (and Hardest) pub in Sheffield

Originally posted by maxt

Now you've done it, far as I know C'field is in Derbyshire.

In that case, I will take the alternative!

Don't be confused and think i'm actually fighting Chesterfield's corner against you Yorkshire people because i'm not

My personal preference is Sheffield

try the scandals in chapeltown one time..................

ever been.......................

Originally posted by sammie

try the scandals in chapeltown one time..................

ever been.......................

Yes, I have visited that establishment before a few years ago and it didn't seem bad compared to some of those already mentioned.

Market Tavern in castle market. I walk past it nearly everyday and there's always police there, and there was a stabbing recently. Its not allowed to be open in the evening!

Originally posted by Foxxx

Market Tavern in castle market. I walk past it nearly everyday and there's always police there, and there was a stabbing recently. Its not allowed to be open in the evening!

Yeah, go in to the market tavern an you can but a Sawn Off Shot-Gun for £120.

Great isn't it.:evil::cry:

..When I lived in Newcastle in a dodgy place called Fenham..there was a rough pub called the Black Bull. I was there only a week and someone got shot in the face in that pub......there were junkies who lived in the house opposite us and there were police patrolling the roads every night.....there was always some disturbance....

My dad took me out for a few beers on my eighteenth birthday. The idea was, before starting uni, to take me round a few of his old haunts from his student days in Glasgow.

I don't know if any of you have ever seen the film "Trainspotting"? Remember the pub in which Begbie flings a pint pot over the side? That's where the journey began. We moved steadily downmarket until finally ending up at a pub (and this is no joke) that still had the brass urinal round the bar. And my dad got me into a fight.

Originally posted by MarkB

Yeah, go in to the market tavern an you can but a Sawn Off Shot-Gun for £120.

Great isn't it.:evil::cry:

Indeed, some of the stories I have heard. Apparently you can buy anything you want in there. I heard some bloke went in there needing a carpet for his lounge and he left with one! Bizarre!

On a more serious note, I believe that you can purchase any sort of drug in there, duty free stuff and weapons.

In fact I was walking down castle market at 4pm once and a man came out looking off his head and wandered past me clutching a see through freezer bag. I could see the contents which was some needles and a belt!

This was in broad daylight. Shocking. :o

I've never really felt threatened in a pub in Sheffield, and I've been to a lot. I suppose the one I've heard most about is the Tramway on London Road, but I've been in there and it is a dirty and dingy place but I've never seen any trouble.

....is the Sheldon off Bramall Lane rough?...I hear Wednesday fans smash the windows quite regularly

I remember a couple of years ago NME had Sheffield in their student guide, and put The Cannon down as a place for the students to go :o Methinks their research was just naming the first few pubs they saw.