Roughest (and Hardest) pub in Sheffield

The woodthorpe arms ,,DEMOLISHED... oh my ... what memories i have of there,,,, carrying our drinks from there across the road to the Ball Inn every weekend,,,,, demolished???... I can hardly believe it...

what is sheffields roughest pub

There are no 'rough' pubs in Sheffield...Take it from me they are all very very tame compared to Glasgow or some parts of Newcastle/Liverpool.

Hen & Chickens, near courts in town, only been in once the evening entertainment was watching a grown man stagger to the bar, whilst lumps of poo fell out of the bottom of his trouser leg...

The drama that unfolded was unmissable, it involved bar staff running to the door to vomit on the steps, whilst other people yelled at the man to clean up etc, which he obligingly did by picking up the lumps of his poo in his hands and placing it in various ashtrays on peoples tables.

You can't buy this type of entertainment.

Hen & Chickens, near courts in town, only been in once the evening entertainment was watching a grown man stagger to the bar, whilst lumps of poo fell out of the bottom of his trouser leg...

The drama that unfolded was unmissable, it involved bar staff running to the door to vomit on the steps, whilst other people yelled at the man to clean up etc, which he obligingly did by picking up the lumps of his poo in his hands and placing it in various ashtrays on peoples tables.

Oh my god thats the worst thing I have ever heard glad I wasn't there I would have been vomiting as well:gag:

The nearest I have seen to that was once long ago in the Roebuck Tavern a female (well known for it at the time ) staggering around and then standing stock still and peeing herself in the middle of the pub. How can anyone embarrass themselves to that extent I really can not imagine:loopy:

The SHiny Sheff at Lodge Moor.....just not cricket!!!

SHUTS THIS SUNDAY

The woodthorpe arms ,,DEMOLISHED... oh my ... what memories i have of there,,,, carrying our drinks from there across the road to the Ball Inn every weekend,,,,, demolished???... I can hardly believe it...

Then were you the ones causin havock in the BALL inn when u came in very good pub in its day DEBBIE and IAN ran it

the horseshoe on bell house road, shiregreen was pretty rough, if your face didnt fit then it didnt belong there, i believe there was even a shooting there once before they closed it down

i used to go in the horseshoe aswell as the cannon and hen and chicken every week when i was younger and i never had any trouble in any of them

Been watching too much Alan Partridge sunshine.. and no I'm not racist, just annoyed with our government..

A barrister by day, superhero by night eh?

Now that's worth a giggle.

Jack you nobhead ! lol

Market Tav. Without a doubt.

About six years ago walked in, before going to market, about 1.30pm did not make it to the bar got chased out & beat to a pulp out side by a man, who was on some sort of narcotic & a young 'man' woman. did not go to meat market but went to police. Police could not help as if I made a statement these savages would make a story of there own & people would stick up for one another down there. This was a truly terrifing experience. Had to have an operation to straighten nose. Ok now.

Since learnt the man that beat me up, not old, has died from a drug overdose.

Market Tav. You dont want to go there. Especialy wearing a suit as I was. Think you might be the law or something.

Well it was probably a bit silly going there wearing a suit to be honest - i was there 2 years ago before it shut down on as one of my pubs on a pub crawl not realising how bad a name it had and to be honest I had a good time - everyone was friendly and I had real respect for the tough barmaid who ran a tight ship !

Sounds more fun than Saturday night TV lol

Blue Ball in Hillsborough definitely, I once went in on a night out with work, turned round and walked back out, never even saw them from work cos I couldn't find them the Pub was that busy.

But that place has been a Chav infested dive for years.