The Alpaca Walk - Sunday,April 22nd. (Unofficial)

This week's Sunday walk is through Endcliffe Park, up the Porter Valley to Porter Clough then back via the Limb Valley, Whirlow Hall Farm and Bingham Park... stopping off to see the alpacas at Mayfield Valley in all their woolly glory.

http://www.mayfieldalpacas.com/

Suggest that we meet at the statue at the entrance to Endcliffe Park at 10.45 for an 11 o'clock start. (This is an 8 -miler.. roughly.)

There are one or two steep slopes on this walk - so be prepared for a climb.Lovely scenery - woods,fields,a short walk along the road to the alpaca farm and lots of wildlife. (Even more when we get there...:hihi: )

There are one or two refreshment stops on the way - Forge Dam cafe and the Norfolk Arms at Ringinglow being two of them.The Norfolk Arms has re-opened and meals are served right through the day... so Sunday lunch is do-able.

Buses by the gazillion up Ecclesall Road - the 272 from the interchange is the one to catch. (Not too sure of the times,though..).

As per usual - a lift is on offer from lil' old me.PM me if you need one,Nooka and Albert.

This walk is open to anybody who wants to come along,basically.So,stick yer moniker down here if you feel like a walk,this Sunday.:)

We've done that one already :D

I suspect our current visitor isn't up to a walk of that distance, so we may be doing something more leisurely this weekend :thumbsup:

Be with you in spirit, and will be laughing my socks off @ 2pm, which will be the time I reckon that you`ll be climbing "Taxmans mountain"!

Good luck for that, and keep counting the sheep going up that hill if you know what I mean, it`s notorious for rustlers, who spirit the odd sheep away from the rest of the flock!

Scubz - we'll count them out and we'll count them in.;)

Count me in! I dont think ill be needing a lift for this one its just down t'road! :D

... stopping off to see the alpacas at Mayfield Valley in all their woolly glory. ...

Can I put in a formal request on behalf of the knitting group for a few bags of alpaca fleece? ;)

Only joking. I'll settle for the photos. Have a lovely walk :) .

Thank you,Hecate.I've knitted with all sorts of yarn but never with alpaca.I might just pop in and see what they have on offer.

So far:- Nooka,taxman,parkwoman,Karen,Albert,neoteric and moi.

( Clurby may come too... if she finishes her assignments. :) )

You can count me in too :thumbsup: praying for sunshine again!!

Thank you,Hecate.I've knitted with all sorts of yarn but never with alpaca.I might just pop in and see what they have on offer.

Spin a yarn thats for sure!

:D :D

I can make teapot holder thingies.What more do you want?!