Broadband

help please: :loopy: i currently have windows 98...and want to upgrade to broadband, but i cant upgrade unless i have w98se, or higher.........does anyone know where i might pick up any cheap software,,from , 98se,,xp ,,ect

don't know if you live near to it but try sheffield computer services in hillsborough

Originally posted by ianmitchell

don't know if you live near to it but try sheffield computer services in hillsborough

Is this the one on Taplin Road?

If it is, then AVOID like the plague!!

Had MANY problems with items bought from this place.

why do you have to upgrade to 98se?

I have a system on 98 and uses broadband ok I have one that runs on 95 and also uses Broadband, one on ME (less said the better) and one on XP Pro.

All the systems use broadband, allthough some shops claim a certain Os is required, I have found this not to be true.

The lower spec (older) setups that I play around with all run well on Broadband so dont believe the hype.

What is the specification of your computer system? The reason I ask it may be better looking for someone with a copy (assuming you would want to go down that route) with a better operating system.

Windows 2000 is a good operating system, and runs well on fairly low specification machines. It also doesn't have the stability problems Win98 does, and is able to cope with NTFS rather than FAT32.