Sign in to follow this  

Moving to Sheffield

hi!

i'm new here......i studied for 1 year in sheffield, met my bf and we're movin back 2 years on......

saw a post about house prices....i thought they were cheap, but then i am in london so anywhere is cheap in comparison!!

i know the city fairly well, but was wondering what job prospects are like at the mo? i'll do anything for now, admin, retail....would also consider commuting to leeds.

also, we're looking at moving to handsworth/mosborough/waterthorpe (areas around crystal peaks)......well, cheap areas! anywhere we should really avoid?

would love to live in ecclesall/nether edg, but its just too far out of our budget range! (£85,000 max, idealy £65000-75000).

sorry this is quite odd and random! any advice would be great. :lol:

[Michael_W : Capitalised Title]

ooops, just saw there's a moving to sheffield board! sorry :lol:

[Edit: Moved to correct forum]

any replies???? :?

Charlotte, have you read the other messages in this forum? This question has already been asked in several of the other topics. Take a read and you might find the answer :)

Originally posted by "geoffbowen"

Charlotte, have you read the other messages in this forum? This question has already been asked in several of the other topics. Take a read and you might find the answer :)

What Geoff said really, take a look round, there are some lenghy and detailed posts about exactly what you are looking for :)

RPG.

Originally posted by "geoffbowen"

Sorry to go all philosophical on you but...

Isn't it what happens in these kinds of forums - after a while the same issues reappear - thats why some usenet newsgroups have an administrator who maintains a FAQ (and posts it to the group periodically) summarising the common questions and the concensus response to them.

Without that new users have too much searching to do (but don't know the etiquette yet anyway) and old users get bored by the repetition and drop off the group.

surely a forum/board about moving to sheffield is going to have pretty much the same questions being asked by new users anyway, so is there any point in there being one? why not, in that case, have a board about moving to sheffield with FAQ's but one in which you cant make a post?

just my view anyway. sorry if my question has annoyed anyone because its been asked before. but i was also asking about job prospects too and i've not come across postings on that. never mind. i shall look elsewhere now.

Its not all about just moving to sheffield though, its about visitors coming here and asking for advise/help whatever before they come such as the firefighters games, there are also many many different questions which could arise, but this one has been posted and answered many-a-time before :)

an FAQ would be a good idea and when we've finished moving everything across to the new board i'll have a crack at writing it :)

Hi charlotte,

If you are thinking of moving to any of the areas you mentioned, my advice is visit the places before making any decision as there are bad pockets in them all.

I know of one place in particular; meadowcroft gardens at mosborough where it is very good but just across the road nearby there are some yobs, criminals, drunks, and hooligans.

I know because I had my new car broken into and a bag full of my personal belongings stolen, and the car radio when It was parked overnight on a private square.

It cost me £325 to replace everything and have the locks repaired. There are some very nice and decent people in these areas but also some of the other kind!!!