A cheap place to stay for my parents ?

Hello everybody !!!

I'm back in france now after my year in Sheffield Hallam uni. The graduation ceremony takes place the 26th of november in pounds forge.

My parents would appreciate to come and see me and discover the town were i lived, but as the travel is a bit expensive for them, i need to find a cheap place for them to stay.

Could you help me ? Someone find me the travel inn hotel in the city center but this is about £150 for 3 nights. In france we can find host families with high quality and breakfast for £28 per night. Is it possible to find the same thing in sheffield BB or whatever ? They have a car and they don't need to stay in the middle of the city center, anything a bit outside the city center will be enough.

Thanks everybody !!! :thumbsup:

Kamadji:-

Try the Tourist Information Bureaux (TIBs).

the TIB has details of lots of bed and breakfast places which are nothing like as expensive as the travel inn.

Your local TIB can help you make contact with the TIB up here in Sheffield,(they can even phone here for you) It's called the "book-a-bed-ahead" service.

Lots of B&B's do "BB&EM", too- "Bed, Breakfast, and Evening Meal" for a very small amount extra on the fee.

Hope that helps?

PT

here we go!

Contact details for sheffield tourist information( accommodation )

http://www.sheffield.gov.uk/out--about/tourist-information/staying-in-sheffield/accommodation-ratings

and there is a telephone number, for information which is:-

+44 (0) 114 221 1900

hope that is useful for you...?

PT

Contact the Alumni office at Sheffield Hallam, they will probably have contacts around Sheffield who will accommodate visiting ex-students.

Originally posted by Plain Talker

Kamadji:-

Try the Tourist Information Bureaux (TIBs).

the TIB has details of lots of bed and breakfast places which are nothing like as expensive as the travel inn.

Your local TIB can help you make contact with the TIB up here in Sheffield,(they can even phone here for you) It's called the "book-a-bed-ahead" service.

Lots of B&B's do "BB&EM", too- "Bed, Breakfast, and Evening Meal" for a very small amount extra on the fee.

Hope that helps?

PT

thanks a lot, that's all I was looking for... with many choice too ! :thumbsup:

Check out some of the bigger hotels too.

The Rutland often runs a special discount comparable with smaller B&B's .