Self catering, half board or all inclusive...what do you prefer?

What type of accommodation do you prefer  

33 members have voted

1. 1. What type of accommodation do you prefer

• Self catering
    • Half board
    • All Inclusive

A holiday would be a good start! Whether food's in with the deal is part of the frills.

I'd probably choose bed and breakfast, if I had the money to go on holiday. Someone else cooking breakfast then a choice of where else to eat sounds pretty good to me.

A holiday would be a good start! Whether food's in with the deal is part of the frills.

I'd probably choose bed and breakfast, if I had the money to go on holiday. Someone else cooking breakfast then a choice of where else to eat sounds pretty good to me.

we are going bed and breakfast this year, i have done all the others and i must admit i prefer self catering, OMG is it only 3 weeks for my holiday to zante :hihi:

we will be self-catering in june cant wait:thumbsup: when on holiday to me the nite is going out for a meal every night god we work all year why not have 2 weeks of luxury

i prefer half board, sometimes i eat in the hotel before getting changed into evening wear, other times i will get changed into evening wear but eat out

I just did my first All-in holiday, in the UK. I was very impressed with the meals - it was a posh hotel - but the fact I couldn't drink was a right waste of money! Still, was nice walking up to the bar and drinking them out of Britvic Quencher! However, I didn't like feeling herded about, that was horrible. I ducked out completely one day and retreated to the pubs in the local village to give them some well deserved custom!

Normally we always go SC and rent a house - I love this as you can come and go as you please. I like being able to go to pubs for meals, sampling them all, or just go to a fishmongers and buy loads of fresh fish, then get fresh bread and cheese and sit on the harbourside in the evening scoffing it. Mmmm...

It's interesting how styles of all in differ.

A snowboarding/skiing holiday for example, you have a lodge with 8 - 12 people in it. This is your living space.

You have a chalet girl who does all the tidying, cooking, cleaning etc... They give advice and act as host and are generally great. But because it's a relatively small group they are very helpful, you all get a personal breakfast when you get up, they'll make you drinks and snacks and the only thing that's set is the evening meal which you eat together.

It worked really well on my last holiday, the chalet girl was great, and the other people (we'd never met before) we're all cool.

That's quite different to my previous all in experience in a tunisian resort/hotel thing, which was nowhere near as enjoyable.

That sounds really good! But I just know I'd feel really guilty having this lass running round waiting on me hand and foot! It was funny staying i that posh hotel - i ended up making toast on the 'toast machine' for the old folk who were staying there and were all in a fluster about this strange contraption. Can't help myself from helping out!

Nah, she was cool, she got paid, we all tipped her and she had one day a week off to hit the slopes, plus we shared our booze with her.

I have a photo of her in the group photo somewhere...

http://cyc1one.dnsdojo.com:8080/images/Holidays%5CSnowboarding%20Tignes%202%5CSnowboardig%20Tignes%202%20014Temp.jpg

Girl to the front and far right.

I know you get a lot of Upper Class girls doing this as a way to get in some skiing and earn some cash - funnily enough, most proper upper class kids I've met were the ones who were least spoiled! But I'd still feel guilty, I just can't help that ;) That's what comes from growing up having holidays 'roughing it' in proper old-fashioned caravans with no running water or electricity!

lol, I been there and done that. Maybe I just made an easier break from it.

??????????????

Oh.. :blush: I didnt look at the first post. Thought it's about student accommodation. I prefer self-catering:P