Remember the West Bar butty van??

I remember in the early 70s after a night out we used to end up at a butty van near west bar roundabout,belly full of stones's whitbreads and of all things draught double diamond!!then a couple of splendid sausage butties with brown sauce to top it off,went there every week without fail dont think the lad ever closed!!Also remember a butty shop in the same area I was sent to daily as I was the apprentice for an order of various builders butties!!all I ever remember the little old man in the shop saying was"kew"when you paid him!!!happy days!!regards all Colin.:)

sure does sound like greasy v's to me too

sounds like greasy vera's to me an all

I remember in the early 70s after a night out we used to end up at a butty van near west bar roundabout,belly full of stones's whitbreads and of all things draught double diamond!!then a couple of splendid sausage butties with brown sauce to top it off,went there every week without fail dont think the lad ever closed!!Also remember a butty shop in the same area I was sent to daily as I was the apprentice for an order of various builders butties!!all I ever remember the little old man in the shop saying was"kew"when you paid him!!!happy days!!regards all Colin.:)

Was that the white van which used to be in the car park?

If it was, they used to do a fantastic 'Chegg Burger', Beefburger with melted cheese and a greasy fried egg on top. Bloody gorgeous.

If it was, they used to do a fantastic 'Chegg Burger', Beefburger with melted cheese and a greasy fried egg on top. Bloody gorgeous.

That was the one it was my favourite butty to.They used to do a MM (Martin Manterfield) special which if I remember was a Cheg Burger with tinned tomatoes on. Happy days, a night in the Daisy followed by a walk to Vera's and then a walk home getting in around 4 a.m.Also remember that if you were skint you could get a tomato dip which was a bread cake dipped in the tomato juice,cost next to nowt.

That was my favourite sarnie too. They used to do another version which was the MM(Martin Manterfield) special which if I remember right was a cheg burger with tinned tomato Martin always reckoned he'd invented the cheg burger.If you were skint you could get a tomato dip which was a bread cake dipped in tomato juice, cost next to nowt.Happy days go to the Daisy walk up to Vera's have a sarnie then walk home.

That was my favourite sarnie too. They used to do another version which was the MM(Martin Manterfield) special which if I remember right was a cheg burger with tinned tomato Martin always reckoned he'd invented the cheg burger.If you were skint you could get a tomato dip which was a bread cake dipped in tomato juice, cost next to nowt.Happy days go to the Daisy walk up to Vera's have a sarnie then walk home.

Darra,

I used to know a "Martin Manterfield", wonder if it's the same one?

Was he a singer?

He used to be in a group also was a chef at the Crucible.A regular at the Daisy,lived in Pitsmoor.

Sounds like the same guy.

A total nutcase. I Knew him when he was in Harold Height and the Stickers.

God rest his soul.

Sounds like the same guy.

A total nutcase. I Knew him when he was in Harold Height and the Stickers.

God rest his soul.

yeah thats him I left Sheff. before he was in the group although I do remembr him doing a couple of gigs at the Daisy.